A few days ago I woke up to what I thought was a really bad urinary tract infection (i get a lot of them). I had all the typical symtoms, painful and frequent urination, and even noticable blood and tissue in urine. I went to the doctors, did an examine and urine test. Part of the test came back, was told that I didn't have a UTI, no bacteria or yeast, but I did have red blood cells in urine. I am still waiting for the results of the rest of the test and to hear back from doc. but it is a holiday weekend, so I will be waiting a few days. The next morning I woke up feeling tired, sick, fever, diharea, and pain in my throat, along with low-grade fever. Througout the day my urinary systems started to go away. Now I have had these other symptoms for 3 days. I have been taking IBprofen which has helped my fever and throat pain, and the nausea and diharea have surpassed. And my urinary symtoms are gone. I am a little nervous because I have not had any other cold-like symtoms like stuffy nose or ne thing like that and I am able to function and eat like normal with the exception of being a little tired and pain with swallowing. I have never had throat pain like this for this long without a full blown cold following. I am a smoker and am getting paranoid about throat cancer. I am a little concerned with the blood in my urine...maybe associated with sore throat? any suggestions?!

Celebrity
My daughter has a lot of waterworks problems. She has a deformed left kidney.
But a few times she has been ill like you, no bacteria growth, but red blood cells in urine.
She has been in hospital 7 times over a 2 year period (very ill)
Twice she has been taken in with suspected menigitis because of throat pain, stiff neck, fever, headaches. Once they even gave her a lumber puncher (not nice at all) second time we refused, even tho they really thought it was menigitis again. (doctors were funny with us for refusing).
Both times they put it down to waterworks problems.
She has been for every test possible. Still no def answers why she always has red cells in her urine. Apart from her iffy kidney.
Please keep in touch an let us know if your throat is connected. We are so fed up.
She has got a check up next week with urology (she has now started to wet herself)
The week later she has an app with gyni. Because her periods are so irregular. Not sure if connected.
She also has started having alot of facial spots.
Can you relate to any of these syptoms.

Keep in touch

Unfortunately, I cannot relate to any of the other problems. I had very heavy periods when I was younger, but I went on birth control and that seemed to regulate me. Now if I skip the pill for a month I have very heavy, painful periods. Describe what you mean by facial spots. Also, when you say that you went to the hospital for menigitis symtoms, were the urinary symtoms present? I am going to make an apt. with my primary care physician tomorrow to see if I have strept and I am going to follow up with my ob to see what the red blood cells in urine could mean. I will definitely keep you posted.

Celebrity
Thanks
Its not me its my daughter. She is 19 now.
She had burning urine off an on, feeling sick, back discomfort, head ache also ear ache with the throat pain.
The doctor said it could of been defered pain!!!!!!
Facial spots.... Suppose its like acne all round her mouth. She lips are always dry too.

I am having the very same symptoms that you posted. Not the mod's daughter , the one who started the thread.

Doc thinks its UTI, he asked me if I had sore throat and I said no. I dont know why I said no, but I do have a sore throat, severe headache and joint pain.

Am a guy and he was like its very rare for males to get UTI. I'm a smoker too.
I hope U dont have leukemia. If U do, I most probably do too..
hope u get back and post that you re all fine again !!

Has anyone heard anything back from their symptoms? I have frequently been diagnosed and treated for UTI, but my recent dr (i've been to 3) is sending me to a urologist. I have recently developed terrible neck and back pain and the fatigue is affecting my work!

i am experiencing some of the same symptoms, blood and tissue in urine, burning at times when urinating, stiff neck, sore side, back pain, fever, headaches, etc.. i am a 19 yr old male, smoker as well, and after doing much research online there are 3 possibilitys, its either a sexually transmitted desease/infection ( which is very highly unlikely for me as all of my previous partners have been clean and i have been tested before), kidney disease, or kidney stones, im leaning more towards kidney stones as my symptoms best match with that possibility, also i was born with a swollen left kidney which was monitored for the first 14 yrs of my life. i went to the doctor today they did a urine test and schedualled me for a bloodtest and two more urine tests, if you havent already asked about kidney disease or kidney stones i would suggest going to your doctor and speaking about those two possibilitys, you can never be too sure with these things.