Do you kill people with kindness when they are flat out rude to you?

Every Tuesday and Thursday morning before my swim, I go to the corner store for a drink. Every single time I go in I get snubbed by the lady who works there.

Me: "Good morning", as I enter
Her: Nothing
Me: Get drink and go to counter. Smile :D Say, "How are you doing today?"
Her: Turns the head and ignores me
Me: Pay and say, "Have a nice day".
Her: Says nothing and glares.

WTF? :shrug: I know I look bad as I roll in there at 5am, but what's up with that?

The same goes with the cleaning ladies here...I'm always cheery and saying hi...sometimes...i repeate SOMETIMES...they grunt back...

niceness kills!!!!!

In my job, taking the nicer guy route works very well most times even when people are absolute ass clowns

Being nasty back just makes them feel justified for randomly hating you and treating you like c**p.

If I'm nice/apologetic I disconcert them. Sometimes they get nicer. Sometimes they don't. But at least I didn't give them satisfaction for their bad attitude.

Don't worry. I'll continue to be nice and smile

I wonder if it's the conflicting Nike bathing suit and the Reebok flip flops that I wear that has her all in a tiff? Or no...it's my FSU hat? That's what it must be!

I'd love to say that I always kill with kindness, but some people do have me muttering under my breath. It happens. But usually I try to be the better person. Usually. ;)

what if i'm genuinely kind, and then curse under my breath when i leave?

i usually maintain a smile while cursing.

You just SO reminded me of that movie Point of No Return. Remember Anne Bancroft making Bridget Fonda smile and say "I never did mind about the little things"? Scary!

act all nice and curse them under my breath

Why do you continue to give them your business?

Why do you continue to give them your business? The guy who owns it. Cool. Friendly. Always says hello. Not there in the am. This lady? Don't know how her winning personality keeps her in that job. Everyone else is great! I really think it's me. I really do.

It depends. If I don't know them, I give them the benefit of the doubt and try to be kind, or at the very least neutral, regardless of their behavior. If I know them to be cruel, unkind or mean-spirited, I ignore them.

I really think it's me. I really do.
Shut. Up. You know, even on your worst day (or at 5am, whatever) you are prettier and nicer than she could ever be on her best day. That's her prob. Really. She's a hag and hates you because you're not a hag. Build a bridge and move on. She's not worth your time.

I really think it's me. I really do.
Shut. Up. You know, even on your worst day (or at 5am, whatever) you are prettier and nicer than she could ever be on her best day. That's her prob. Really. She's a hag and hates you because you're not a hag. Build a bridge and move on. She's not worth your time. I wasn't going to say it. You did!