I am a 17 year old female and since sometime around a month or 2 ago I started experiencing some uncomfortable itching sensations on my labia majora. At first I just figured it was dry skin and scratched it but that only made the burning itch worse. After a bit it started to peel around that general area (to the left of my clitoris on my labia majora to be specific). I figured it would go away after a while so I just put some aloe vera lotion on it and resisted the itch as much as possible. The lotion helped the peeling slightly. but not for long. After that, (just a few days ago), my labia suddenly tore. It's not like an open sore or anything, it's more like a papercut. And It doesn't seem to heal either; it pops right back open after it starts to scab with even the slightest stretch of my vaginal area. It still itches rather bad too, but to scratch it means to touch the tear wound and thus make it hurt worse. I've only had sex with my current boyfriend, and he got checked before I gave him my virginity. Did I somehow manage to contract an STD even though we were both clean? I also shave down there if that makes any difference in the previously mentioned condition. If anyone has any information relating to my problem, please let me know.

And as for going to a doctor of any sort, that is only possible if ABSOLUTELY necessary due to living problems that I won't get into.

I have something that sounds exactly like what you describe. Of course I don't have a labia for it to be on. It's in that same general area on both sides of my scrotum and sometimes up the crease on both sides. It begins by itching, then becomes a sore spot, like an open sore. If it is a little itch when I go to bed, by morning it will be much larger and really itchy. When I touch it, it's wet and very slippery, not like sweat, more like the stuff that oozes out of an open sore. It seems to be increased by sweating so I've taken to sleeping naked to dry out the area. That helps quite a bit.

To get rid of it I use hydrocortisone cream. That is the most effective thing I've found, but it always comes back in a week or two. If I apply it right away when I notice it, usually right after going to bed, it will be cleared up by morning. If I'm too lazy to get up to do that and wait until morning to apply the cream, it may take a couple days to get rid of it. If I leave it alone it stops itching in 5 or 10 minutes and I forget about it until I happen to touch it and start it itching again.

I've had this off and on for several years and I never think to ask the doctor about it when I'm in for my semi annual checkup. I guess it doesn't bother me enough to be high on my list of priorities. Last week at my physical I was sitting/laying naked in his office for half an hour while he gave me the old finger wave and listened to my chest and tickled me with a feather and used his piano tuning fork and rubber hammer.

Hearing that my prostate is still tiny and all the numbers on my blood test are good and everything else is ok makes me forget about little aggravations like that itch. XD

The only difference between our conditions seems to be the fact that the spot on my labia is always excessively dry. It never has any type of excrement from the wound whatsoever. But you went to the doctor and he didn't seem to notice that there was anything wrong? I guess that's a bit reassuring. I suppose it can't hurt to try the hydrocortizone cream. It doesn't hurt in the open cuts? I'll post again once = get some results.

I have the same problems for about 4 years now after i had my son i noticed i had this itch on my left side labia...but with only like a bump that was so itching and one day i scratched and ever since the ithching comes and goes wiht like a open sore that bleeds. I been to the dr..and was checked for std's and hpv..and i was good...i dont no wat to do anymore im so sick of hearing these dr's telling me nontihing is wrong ive been to 4 or 5 dr's and that all tell me that its from ingrown hair because i shaved...i dont no anymore its hurts when i walk because i endup scratching and opening up the cut i notice its very dry and peeling looking...i have used everything from vagisil, vaseline, hydrocotizone...i mean everything...i dont anymore...

I'm a 29 /f with 4 kids, and I'm on lo/Orval birth control pills and married for 11 years (so same sex partner). It's been about 3 weeks, since I've noticed the same issue.

It all started towards the end of my menstrual cycle it was very itchy, and I itched it... I thought I got chaffed wearing pads or something. Soon I noticed there paper-cut like lesions on my inner labia majora. the itching worsened I used vagisil and neosporin. It kind of made a difference, until I just couldn't take the itch anymore..and I couldn't even walk.

It was a weekend..so I just took myself to the E.R. The Doctors had no clue.. they tested me for yeast infections, and herpes, and other STD;s. All came back negative...thankfully. I was even put in Valtrex for Herpes while we waited for results. Of course it didn't help..they gave me ladocaine cream, which is a numbing gel. It's the ONLY thing that helps me stop itching. eventually it all healed up..
but I noticed I needed to put neosporin on the cuts before using the Ladocaine... otherwise the cuts don't heal. Weeks went by.. I thought I was okay.. then tonight I notived after getting up from the couch..something hurt. I checked and there is this huge lesion again.. I don't know how it got there.. now its starting to itch too. I also just noticed my skin is actually peeling off from the entire inner lips area..then possibly results in tears.

I have found a few other blogs now...seems like no one knows what this is. I'm freaking out.. I can't just live with this...

This is very much affecting my sex life.. I'm afraid to had sex, since I don't know what it is.. could I give it to my husband or if it'll make it worse.

I'm glad it's not a STD but I'm REALLY stressed that no one knows what this is..and if it will go away..and what is causing it.

I'm wondering if it's the BC pills, or I took Flagyl and cipro prior to this happening..dr's thought I needed..when I just had stomach flu.

Has anyone been on any similar meds? or Bc pills?

Thanks to anyone with any advice or knowledge about this.

I've had the same problem for about a year now.it goes away like nuthin happened then it resurfaces every now and then..as I like to call it the vagina paper cut.has had me feeling ashamed..I've been in my current relationship for 6yrs..so luckily my bf is understanding..however there's always the cringe factor..I can tell that he just wants to ask have I been sleeping around..lol..so last month I got tested for everything.negative..and this month my papercut frienemy came back.I was goin to go and get tested again thinkin that the doctors missed someting..I started researching stds and as I read I started to shake..I'm reading stuff abput herpes and chlmdia and other cringe worthy diseases and nuthin quiet fit...THANK GOD! Then I came across this site...I almost fainted..then tears poured dwn THANK YOU all for ur extremely personnal posts...I dnt know what. To do tho as was stated in an earlier post sometimes I cnt walk or wear underwear...so I now sleep in the nude. To lat it breathe..I've found that ointment or vaseline work really well..but u have to continuously reapply it.my hope is one day I can find out how to prevent it or how I can make it go away..I'm sure this is the hope of us all.

So I have something similar to this too, minus any sorts of cuts appearing. When I got checked for it a few months ago I was told it was a yeast infection. Now it is back and I don't know what to do. There is itching, burning and peeling of the skin. The skin coming off almost looks like little flakes of toilet paper but they are skin. I feel very raw and uncomfortable. I have just moved to a new town and I am very adverse to new doctors/people I don't know touching me. Any idea what this could be?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH finally,.... i am not alone. I have the same issue as all above,except never have had sex. I am used to getting bladder infections and UTI, as i have since i was a kid, but this PAPER CUT c**p is killing me. i know its a not a YEAST infection or UTI or anything... ITS JUST A CUT ON THE LABIA MAJORA THAT FREAKING HURTS!!!!no idea how it got there.... I have tried all sorts of creams, excpet ladocaine... so i will try that! WHAT PISSES me OFF the most is the DOCTORS say its NOTHING yet it wont GO away and STAY away!!! Ill sometimes be fine and then BOOM!! its back.....PLEASE HELP!!!! I dont know what to do, and im in so much pain, i cant even sleep or walk!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!! ANYONE!???

This has NOT been fun...paper fine cuts between the labias, itching, peeling, pain! I'm 32 yrs, married, had a baby a year ago and only three yeast infections my whole life. Then suddenly I've experienced these symptoms for the past six times we've had sex...which in all honesty, is like once per month because 1. We're exhausted, 2. I get these symptoms and CAN'T have sex, and then 3. The monthly visitor wards off any intimate advances. I went to the doctor three times. The first time, he said it was a yeast infection. The second time (much worse case) he said it was a yeast infection AND I was having a negative reaction to the Vagisil I was pratically bathing in. This last time, the doctor said it was NOT a yeast infection and determined it was due to my husband's beard, the fact that Im getting older and the skin is getting more sensitive, and (get this) we're not having enough sex to toughen up the skin! He recommended Epsom salt baths 3x per week for two weeks and zero sexual activity of any kind. He said I need to get ahead of the issue instead of thinking I'm healed and hopping right back into "action." The salt baths actually help me. At first, I was taking an Epsom salt bath once/day... I probably would do them every night for 20 minutes if I had time. He also told me to ask my husband to shave his beard and buy Astroglide for the next time we do have sex. I hope this works because like many of you, I'm frustrated, tired of this issue, and even anxious about sex because of the painful consequences (my husband is good, but THAT good? LOL). This whole thing has made me self conscious too and even though I'm lucky to have a sweet, supportive partner, he doesn't understand the psychology or how it might feel to soak in a tub of salt water if he cut his penis! Anyways, thank you all for posting and perhaps my doctor's suggestions might help you too.

you might have eczema which is excessive dry skin. often it manifests as sores or cuts. doctors can give you prescription cream for it. i have prescription cream specifically for genitalia area when i get it there and other cream for the rest of the body. ask your doctor to check it out.

I've had this problem occur twice in the past, and it's happening now. Don't worry, it's nothing serious. The first time I had it, I thought my toilet paper sucked and bits were remaining on my labia. Then it got itchy, and then small paper cuts. So I used polysporine and washed up twice a day. It went away in a week and a half.

2nd time, I noticed the peeling again. Since the first time, I had quite a few yeast infections due to a sweaty sex life (where I didn't shower immediately after, or pee on many occasion... lesson learned). So by this time I was pretty confident in how to nip these things in the bud. So I tried my preventative yeast infection trick on this peeling problem: in the shower, take your finger and literally scoop out anything that's in there. Gross, I know, but you'll notice access mucus (white or clear) that is the cause for the irritation. I did this daily, in the shower, until no symptoms. It worked.

Today, the eczema theory sounds interesting only because my eyelids and lips just broke out in an eczema type rash. Just really dry and peeling, as though I'm reacting to my cold medicine or the weather (which is crazy cold and dry here in Canada right now). So I'm still doing the shower scoop, and washing away anything that's not suppose to be there. But I would love to try the eczema cream too, just to see.

I think a lot of this has to do with making sure you're clean down there daily, and wearing cotton underwear (and no underwear to bed). That and I found one common element with my 2nd and 3rd breakout: I was coming off a cold. Don't know if that has anything to do with it...

All of these posts are very helpful! I have been experiencing the same problem for the last few weeks. The first time I assumed it was nothing but dry skin, applied some lotion and hoped it would go away, but then I got those little paper cut things everyone is talking about and got worried. I am relieved to hear so many are having the same problem and that everyone's doctors are saying the same thing.. That it's nothing serious. I am 26 female been married two years and been completely monogomous. I take OrthoTricyclen Lo and no other medications, is anyone else here on this? It is frustrating to hear that there is no cure though. I am afraid to tell my husband because I really don't think he will understand but after reading all of this I can talk about it with him with confidence that it is not an STD so he won't think the worst. Thank you all so much for posting and I hope that someone is able to find a cure soon.

Hey, I used to have to do the ol scoop trick for many years. I always had a yearly pap test too. Then the last nurse that did my pap, swabbed that discharge. It came back as bacterial vaginosis. I had no idea about this. It may be worth getting tested for it, if you find you have a continuous discharge. I have taken antibiotics, which cured it, and eat yougurt everyday. And now the only time I feel the need to do a clean scoop is when I'm ovulating and it's like egg whites. There is no more whiteish discharge. Yay!

But now I have this itchy, peeling labia problem. It has come twice, both times right after I finished my period. I wear pads and have always used the same ones until the second to last period. I bought a new kind and used them for both these last periods. Next period, I will go back to the old ones. I got the new brand cause they were cottony on the top instead of plasticky like "Always" pads.

Hmm, I think I'm still going to search for a qynocologist to go see. I won't even waste my time seeing a regular doc. Especially after reading about others experiences. Its so bad that women can't get proper help with their most delicate and sensitive part of their bodies. We just want to feel good about ourselves and not have pain when we are getting intimate.

i had a cut inside like my vagina , it was like a paper cut wit swelling and itching. the paper  like cut was from my bf sharp nails  and also the itching and sweeling were from the friction from the condom. what i do is i make sure i always wipe with baby wipes and i apply neosporin , idk if its the correctly medical thing to do but it works for me, even if it itches i resist. 

I have torn my labia during sex before, but this is sooooo not the same thing that is happening now. I have the itching, the "paper cuts", peeling. I am so tired of it. I am on birth control and just coming off my period, but i also have eczema. If it is eczema related i would be super relieved