Ok, normally I don't ask for help with this kinda stuff. I mean, its really embarressing. Anyway, I've always had problems with yeast infections like ever since I was a little girl. I just have really sensitive skin and a naturally closed up va-jayjay. So when I started feeling a familar dry itch last Friday, I just started my usual yogurt routine, which has always worked before and it worked until my period started on Monday. Then it came back, only just on the inside and outside of my labia. At first I just tried to wait my period out before starting the yogurt again, but I had a really hard time not rubbing and wanting to scratch. Finally I decided to go ahead and try the yogurt, but it just burned! So I washed it out and asked my husband to take a look down there (since I can't see it past my bust. lol. And he's awesome at putting up with my gross girlness. ) He said that there was no discharge, but it was really, really red and the outside of the labia had some peeling skin. 
Is that still a yeast infection? What else could it be? I always take really good care of my skin, even down there. I wash with unscented soap for sensitive skin and I take vitamin E everyday. I've only ever had sex with my husband and this is the first time this has happened. My husband thinks it might just be raw from the itching and that it was itching due to the moistness of the period, which I guess wouldn't be a first. I also read that diet changes and lack of nutrion. This past weekend was finals weekend I a seriously only ate maybe 600 calories a day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We don't have health insurance, so I can't go to the doctor unless its an emergency. Has any of yall heard of soemthing like this before?

I am having the same problem and was wondering if u ever found out what it was, I got it about a month before I had my baby I just tried vagisil the itching went away but not completly after my baby was born it went way completly then it apeared again 2 months later. I don't think its a yeast infection cause I don't have any discharge and with a q-tip my skin gets the exact same way as u described it. I also have no insurance so I can not see the gyno.