Hi, I'm 17 and not(nor ever have been) sexually active, but 10 days ago my boyfriend rubbed my clitoris(for the first time) and that area(pretty hard, it was uncomfortable more then half the time), and that night when I got home it started to itch a bit but not too bad, then got itchier the next day, and the day after that I started my period. I also shaved down there for the first time in a long time. Currently the whole area(clitoris, the whole labia minora, the inside of the labia majora and vagina) is almost constantly itchy and red and I havent had any discharge(unless i got it on my period and didnt see it? not sure, but i dont have any now). I've looked up these symptoms online, and I've tried apple cider baths, have been eating lots of yogurt, neither of which seem to be helping. I tried yeast infection cream, which made it itch and hurt soooooo bad! I had to try to remove it all immediately! I have also tried anti-itch cream which makes it burn, and I think swell(or just makes the swelling more obvious?). I've been taking anti-histamines and got vagisil anti itch wipes last night, the combination seems to be helping with the itching, a little bit. I dont have a doctor at the moment, im trying to find one. But im hoping this is something that will heal on its own or call me solved with over the counter medicine. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

hey there, what a drag!! first make sure the yogurt you are eating is plain yogurt.  all others have sugar so that will defeat the purpose of eating it as sugar creates more yeast.  a natural tablet to take is grapefruit seed extract, not grapeseed but grapefruit seed extract becareful not to mix them up with grapefruit seed extract (capsule form not tablet) this helps with yeast, if it is yeast.  First make sure your boyfriends hands are clean before he touches you, not to make him feel bad but its important.  we all carry germs or bacteria on our hands that is just life. that area is very sensitive and let him know he doesn't have rub hard for it to feel good.  It is important you get a doctor ASAP even if its just someone to talk to or get info from.  if the anti-histamines are helping then it may just be allergies.  I am proud that you have refrained from having sex yet and that your boyfriend seems to respect that, good luck to you both. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

The pH imbalance can keep fostering the growth of bacteria. It is a good idea to take acidophilus capsules twice a day to maintain the pH balance in the vagina.

I have a smilar sounding issue for the past three months on and iff since shortly after getting pregnant. Inside my labia majora, it gets to different amount of swelling, itching then intense burning when scratched cuz I sometimes can't help it. I've ruled out uti and haven't taken the suppositories for yeast infection since this isn't at all like the other 2 or 3 yeast infections I've ever had. So the only thing that has relieved and perhaps made it go away for a while was using a special soothing hydrocorisine cream and using cotton undeewear and not sleeping with anything down there / giving the area. Space to breathe and dry. I am married and don't have stds. I see the obgyn tommorow. See what she says. I'm worried it has to do with my insides, liver perhaps? Ph level. Havent been eating the best. I know our internal and external health comes down to a lot about what we eat