I am an amateur when it comes to physical activities. I practice two times a week, sometimes I skip my fitness sessions, and sometimes I don't do it for weeks. It's all related to my job that keeps me occupied bigger part of a day. Anyway, I was always wondering about lactic acid and its role in muscle activity. Stretching exercises against lactic acid, that is correct, right?

Yes. Lactic acid is main enemy of continual workout. Even though many consider it a bad thing, actually its high level is just showing us that we are overtraining and that we should get some rest. Without that sign, our muscles would work and work and work and then sustained a permanent damage. Stretching exercises at the end of the hard workout help with breaking molecules of lactic acid in our muscle cells. Some recommend stretching exercises to be done even in the middle of workout.

Yes and stretching is especially important in leg muscles to decrease lactic acid