My mom is now 56 and she is just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and I would actually like to hear how an adult diagnosed with type 1 diabetes is about to behave I mean is she at greater risk now of developing some serious health complications. I must stress that she never had any diabetes symptoms until recently and basically she was diagnosed on time but still I am afraid since she is an adult how would a diagnose such like that affect her health on the long run. Thanks!

If she manage to control her disease the right way she wouldn't face no serious risk of developing some serious health condition despite the fact she is an adult diagnosed with type 1diabetes for the most important here is actually being diagnosed on time in which manner by following the proper treatment the disease could be controlled very effectively. She would probably be having some hard time now on making a habit on living with type 1 diabetes and basically it as all about following some rules such as monitoring sugar blood regularly and injecting insulin on daily basis and tell your mom she better go see some dietitian just to get the proper meal plan that would fit her condition-for you know eating right is the must in patients -both young or adult- diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.