Is it normal after a miscarriage to have pains somewhat in the middle point between your hip bone and belly button? As well as keep a little hardish tummy that is somewhat painful? ? I was about 3-4 months pregnant I do beleive when I miscarried

Hi There,

I'll try to answer as best I can as you did not state when the miscarriage occurred. If it was recent than yes, some pain is normal. If you have not had an ultrasound perfromed than you must go and get that done as if any tissue is remaining from the miscarriage than infection can set in and cause real health concerns for you. The ultrasound (depending on how recent) will show whether or not fragments still remain, if they can not be determined becuase of to much thickness than weekly/bi-weekly blood tests should be ran to detect pregnancy hormone drop. If there isn't a drop in the hormone than that is an indication that there is still something remaining and a possible d and c may be perfromed. Regardless, any pain that you are experiencing should be reported to your doctor or clinic. Hope this helps.

I was probably about 3-4 months pregnant, I think most likely closer to 3 months

i recently had miscarriage and i still feel pains and that was bout a week ago tomoz i would reccomend going to the doctors or if it gets worse go to a n e

I THINK I MAY HAVE HAD A MISCARRIAGE ABOUT A WEEK AGO. IT WAS A BIT EARLY FOR MY PERIOD. 2 DAYS OF SEVERE CRAMPS THE WHEN USING THE RESTROOM I PASSED A LARGE CLOT ABOUT THE SIZE OF AN EGG BUTT MORE FLAT AND DARK ALMOST BLACKISH LOOKING. DID NOT ACTUALLY SEE A FETUS THOUGH. IT WAS REALLY NOTICEABLE WHEN I PASSED IT. NEVER FEALT THAT BEFORE BUT STILL NOT SURE IF I WAS PREGNANT. I AM STILL HAVING NAUSEA AND THE LIL STINGING PAIN BETWEEN MY HIP AND BELLY BUTTON LIKE YOU EXPLAINED. WHAT DO I DO.

Hi if you were preganant a pregnancy test would still come up positive so you could try doing one if you would really like to know. i have had 2 mc so far and they both come out totally different i have a scan tomorrow to see if i have passed everything this time. i have been in alot of pain unlike the last one but its been all on my left side near my hip could this be that i have not passed everything and thats what the pain is or is this just normal? x

I have just had a m/c today,very sad i was nearly 12weeks,i seen everything come away but i have stil got pain on my left side,i hope this goes away,i havent been told to go back for a scan,which i thought was a bit wierd.

I just had a miscarriage two days ago and it was the worst pain for the cramps that i have ver had, sitting in the emergency room waiting to be seen by the er doctor. Today, two days late after having the d&c I am still in a bit of pain at times.

I miscarried 3 weeks ago now, and i was approx 6 weeks pregnant. I didnt need the curette, as at 6 weeks the embryo usually passes itself. I had an ultrasound, and 3 seperate blood tests(1 week apart with each) and the hgc level had dropped to nothing by the 3rd. Anyway, i still have pain( its really sore today) on the lower right hand side of my stomach, when i called my doc about this he said it was normal and the pain should subside in a week or two. He also said that i should give my body 2-3 months of healing time before i try to fall pregnant again. Hope this helps anyone in this situation, as 'no' nothing is said about the long term physical pain that comes with miscarriage (as if the emotional pain of losing an unborn baby isnt enough!! ) :-( :-(

I agree, there isn't much on the Internet about what is normal post D&C after a miscarriage. I had my D&C almost a month ago and I am still having abdominal pain. My doctor at my follow up visit 2 weeks ago said I was healing properly. But I am worried, I feel the pain is worsening. I am wondering it's because Im about to start my period. I had no idea miscarriages were so hard phyically and emotionally.

I just miscarried two days ago and i am having severe pains on my left side of my abdomen between my belly button and my hip bone. the pains are coming and going really quickly as if to be having contractions. I've never gone thru this but i am not sure what to do because the pain is so strong, i feel it in my legs. Should i go to the emergency room, or wait until the morning to call my doctor? I don't want to cause any damage to myself if i don't go in

I am so sorry for your loss. I would go to the ER if your doctor can't get you in first thing this morning. It could be an infection or you could have had an eptopic pregnancy. Good luck. Your in my prayers.

i had a miscarriage a week ago,the pain seems to be increasing each day but the bleeding has significantly gone down.am constantly taking painkillers n i think that's what has stopped the bleeding...i'v recently been given antibiotics and i cant say the pain is any less. The ultra sound came back normal yet i am still worried something is wrong with me...i dont have any children n i definately hope i can be a mom some day.i feel i do tell the physicians how i feel but what can i ask them that can confirm that am healing properly n this unbearable pain is just part of the healing process.i have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow...what can i inquire about differently that could clear my worries ?pls help

Yes your post did help. The physical pain and discomfort has been horrific for me. I feel the same way as if the emotional pain wasn't enough. :( This is my third loss. All have been lost around 4-7 week mark. My biggest thing I'm stuck on that no one can really answer is "Why is this happening?" I remain hopeful that I can eventually make this happen but for now I will rest. I hope everything works out one way or another for all of us on here. Blessings!

So its been 4th month since my miscarriage...we are still trying but I've been noticing since my miscarriage, I get severe crampings just before my period comes. (I'm generally on time, and before this miscarriage I never suffered from exhausting pain). This is too weird. I thought crampings should only last for no more than a month/two,,,,,This miscarriage has not only hit me emotionally but physically. :'(

Immediately after the miscarriage (6 weeks), I had an ultrasound, and everything was clear. I did another ultrasound just last week because of my recurring pains, and the doctor wants me to go back and see the results.  (He only calls back for revisit when something is up...) WHat's worst is I cant see him in another 5 days cos he's so booked. So the nxt 5 days I will constantly be pondering on what the results will be...