Hello! Can somebody tell me what the chances of full recovery are after spinal disk injury? The thing is that my 29 years old boyfriend is hospitalized now for he had some motor accident two days ago and he was immobilized emergency even before he reach the hospital and back there in hospital he was diagnosed with partial spinal cord injury or to be more precise I have understood that one of his spinal disk is leaking and I think only his lowest vertebra is affected causing in fact the rupture of that spinal disk that is now leaking. I am aware that this is a serious injury but I would like to hear what are his chances to get recovered? Thanks much!

I could almost tell he was lucky enough to hurt his lowest vertebra so he has partial spinal cord injury and the thing is more complicated with that ruptured disk that have caused him leaking –you may count that injury like this affects the lower part of his body with big chances of paralyses of the lower part of the body that is his lower extremities would be affected but on the other hand at patients diagnosed with partial that is incomplete spinal cord injury including spinal disk leaking there are big chances nowdays of partial recovery in sense that they could keep some sensations as well as some motor functions bellow the injured area. Also the first 48 hours are very important here on the long run for some complications- such as urinary tract and bowel movements problem as well as deep vein thrombosis -may be caused if inflammation occurs as well as swelling but also if that spinal cord keeps leaking.