I'm 29 years old and recently I got back from sea vacation where I was with my family. We were there about fifteen days.
When we got home everything was just fine accept some sun burns.
But after five days spent in home I started to feel sore throat, cough and chest pain.
I didn’t connect this with my traveling but with some usual fever.
After a day or two, I started to suffer from fever, chills, weakness, and myalgias, primarily affecting the calves, back, and abdomen.
I contacted my doctor and after some testing he determined that I have develop some condition called leptospirosis and prescribed me some antimicrobial therapy. What should I know about this disease?

You don’t have to worry at all because Leptospirosis is considered the most common zoonosis in the world.
Leptospirosis is caused by Leptospira interrogans, a corkscrew-shaped bacterium.
You probably got this on your vacation because great majority of people get infected visiting tropical countries with heavy rainfall.
People get leptospirosis by contact with fresh water, damp soil, or vegetation contaminated by the urine of infected animals and Leptospirosis bacteria can enter the body through broken skin and mucous membranes.
You have experienced almost every usual symptoms caused by Leptospira interrogans.
Like your doctor already told you, antimicrobial therapy is indicated for the severe form of leptospirosis.