Hi, folks. My friend got some skin wound. Unfortunately, it got complicated and he got gangrene. I didn’t know that these two entities are related. I would like to find out some more info about this. I hope answering to my post won’t bother you much. Thank you for all your replies.

Hi, there. Gas gangrene can be one of the complications of skin wound. Skin wound does not communicate with air when gas gangrene develops. The usual causer is bacterium called Clostridium perfrigens. Sometimes it can be caused by streptococcus. These are all anaerobic infections.In these anaerobic conditions, a bacterium releases toxins that cause tissue death. Was this helpful? I hope your friend will be all right. Good luck to him!

Hi, there. I agree with the previous post. The onset of the symptoms is sudden and can be dramatic. Some of the toxins that this bacterium produces can cause deadly syndromes. That is why a patient must be hospitalized. Some of these patients can have some serious underlying diseases. These toxins destroy blood vessels, blood cells and tissues. I hope your friend will be all right. Please, let me know his progress. Bye!