My 1-year old horse was diagnosed with leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Anyone has experience with this illness?

Yes my horse was diagnosed after blood tests when he was 3 years old after almost 6 mths of unsuccessful treatrment at the University of Liverpool Hospital Leahurst on the Wirral. It makes him suffer from photosensitivity. He is a 17.2hh shire cross tb with a white face and 4 white socks. He only suffers on the white parts of his legs which blister and become red raw. I tried everything topical without any result and eventually had success with a high dose of steroid tablets over quite a long period. He started showing signs again at the beginning of December last year and I immediately got him back onto a course of steroids. He responded quickly and I'd weaned him off them by new year. The tablets are very expensive-over £500 for a course.
He is now out during the day with mud socks. He has to have his legs fully clipped so I can see any changes and keep them clean and dry. I hope that he will grow out of the problem and that his steroid courses will be less regular and the treatment for a lesser period each time. Obviously I've read every report ever written in the UK and America and many owners have had success with just a topical cortizone/ steroid spray. Others even found moving the horse helped and felt it could be stress related.
I've owned by chap since he was 2mths old and looked after him since he was weaned and I'm quite convinced he's never been stressed about anything. However he's now fed on a special feed for horses with sensitive skin and is out all day very day enjoying life. I will never turn him out in snow as that appears to produce an immediate reaction being bright and reflecting the sunlight.
I do hope your youngster recovers from this condition - I am very lucky as no matter how sore my boy's legs get he allows me to clip them and then clean them up with water almost too hot for my hands to bear but that is what the professor recommended and it does work. Good luck.