Hi, guys. My friend had some kind of reaction to the drug. His doctor described it as vasculitis hypersensitivity. I was wondering what this is referring to. I know that vasculitis is the inflammation of the blood vessel’s wall. Can it be caused by drug use? I am sorry if I bother you with these questions. Thanks.

Vasculitis is indeed the inflammation of blood vessel’s wall. On the other hand vasculitis hypersensitivity is also known as leukocytoclastic vasculitis or LCV. In fact, LCV is a test that is used to determine a small vessel vasculitis. The exact cause is usually unknown. The exact prevalence is also unknown. However, it is considered to be rare. The usual manifestation is palpable purpure. Your friend should discuss details with his doctor. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck!