I am 36 year old. I acquired hemorrhoids during my pregnancy. It was since 1996. I don't feel any irritation, discomfort or pain having it. I am just worried because I am applying to work abroad and afraid to find out in my medical exam the result UNFIT TO WORK. Is it really a problem having hemorrhoids when applying for a job abroad? Mine is just a size of 1cm. Does it need operation? :(

If it’s not causing you any discomfort or anything I don’t think you should be having a surgery. What kind of hemorrhoids do you have? Internal or external?

I am not sure that anybody is going to look at your hemorrhoid, especially if they are internal. What kind of work are you applying for?

I had hemorrhoids a couple of times, they were internal and quite uncomfortable. I had rubber band ligation done both times and I got rid of them. In this procedure, the hemorrhoids are tied off, the blood flow is cut and when there is no “food” for them, they just dry and fall off.

When I had it done for the first time, I had no problems and went back to work the following day. However, second time I had it, I had to stay at home for two days and I had some minor bleeding after a week but my doc said it was from the falling off.

I don’t think you will get a UNFIT TO WORK report because of the hemorrhoids especially if they are non-irritant.

I also had a hemorrhoids for a couple of times. I know that once my doctor told me that this can be returned easily, I knew it that I am in this category and that they will return for sure. I was right. Hemorrhoids relief is not that easy as you might think.

It requires a lot of different stages and it takes a long time. I agree about this one - I don’t think you will get an UNFIT TO WORK report. I know that I was talking to my doctor about this and she told me that this is not possible.

Hemorrhoids usually don't affect your work status, and general health checkups don't even inspect your anus. If you are working in a sedentary office job, you should probably get a hemorrhoid pillow.

over year now that you post this issue so how's the result?

Actually, Hemorrhoids usually don't affect your work status, and general health checkups don't even inspect your anus. If you are working in a sedentary office job, you should probably get a hemorrhoid pillow.

hi pls help me..im applying for australia..i have hemorrhoids and its about 3 to 4 cm..sometimes it is bleeding but its tolerable..im afraid that i cannot work abroad..i need your answers..please!

Surgery is a painful-and sometimes traumatic-experience in a person's life. Nobody can escape the after effects of excruciating pain and soreness after having spent hours in the operating room.

Patients with hemorrhoids are often confronted with the possibility of a surgery and what to do after hemorrhoid surgery. The amount of time needed to recover from a surgery depends on the type of surgical procedure done to the patient. A major surgery may require a longer recovery period compared to a minor one. A hemorrhoid surgery, however, is classified under minor surgery and doesn't require the patient to spend a night at the hospital.

Hey. Its over one year when you ask that. How was your applicati0n for abroad?