Has anyone had this?  I've read a lot of stories about lisfranc injuries with displacement but the doctor told me mine is lisfranc without displacement (2,3,4 metatarsals fractured at the base, in the joints).  I was in an aircast for 6 weeks no weightbearing (and at night in bed), then 3 weeks on the heel and barefoot in bed, then 1 week with crutches light weightbearing.  He just told me today i can wear sneakers or a boot.  He said of course to take it slow and switch back to boot if there is any pain and to listen to my foot.  He said i show arthritis on xray but typically it takes a while to form so that was probably there already (and i haven't ever had pain in my feet) . I've read so many horror stories on here that I'm terrified to walk - afraid my foot might fall apart!  He said he expects i won't need anything else (operations etc).  Any stories with this kind of good ending?  Could you walk normally eventually without pain? 

I tried walking today and have a lot of pain on the top of my foot.  Is this typical and expected?

Can'n you yet put here your foot roentgenogram, that we can see what cinde of problem had occured with your foot?

Foothealer... Although I feel bad about your injury - I am so glad someone else is going through this too. I feel frustrated that people can't understand I am not better yet.

i understand how you feel (I'm moving back to my own question!) don't get frustrated! it is a very scary thing that no one seems to understand..but look at it this way...all those football players eventually go back and play football (e.g., santonio holmes) so we'll get better too.

i don't have any xrays or anything. basically 2, 3 and 4 were fractured at the base right at the joints. #2 was comminuted (basically smashed)

I call the top of my foot my "Mecca". That is where my pain sits too. I have my husband and 9 year old touch my foot and gently rub their hands over the foot - it helps.

i can't really feel pain on the top when i press it...it's when i walk it's like a deep ache. I'll tell you, physical therapy hurts...they bend the toes front and back as well as the entire foot. but it does seem to break things up. at the end they gave me a wonderful (machine operated) ice massage..it was simply amazing. Also, remember the swelling alone causes pain and we'll be stuck with that for some months.

how is it going?