In May I left on a 5 month trip traveling to various parts of the world. Mostly in SE Asia, but also spent some time in East Africa. I had the occasional bout of upset stomach or diarrhea that often comes with traveling, but nothing serious. Since I have been back, however, things have gotten worse. I've been back over 3 months now. I find myself having more bowel movements than normal (sometimes up to five a day, and normal for me is about once). They are usually not diarrhea, but are a bit looser than before - and it seems like a lot of stuff comes out! And when I have to go, I have to go with a sense of urgency! I am quite skinny to begin with, but feel like I am not gaining any weight, and perhaps am losing some. I had a stool test taken for parasites, which came back negative. I've been eating a lot of yogurt, but it hasn't seemed to help much. It is also much worse when I drink any alcohol, even just a glass of wine with dinner. The problem is becoming quite annoying, and I feel I'm running out of options. I would appreciate any help or ideas! Thanks

I live in Rochester. My wife and I have had severe cramps and other symtoms just like yours for about 5 months now. All my blood tests have come back normal. We haven't traveled anywhere like you did. It's getting worse where no matter what I eat, it just goes through me really quick and I don't feel like I have any energy. What is this that we have?