I have been having stomach and intestinal problems since Aug of 07 and myself and my doctors cannot figure out the problem. After losing 30lbs in just six weeks I had an upper and lower GI test done and results came back good. What it is is that no matter what i eat my stomach gets a little upset and i always feel the need to have to go to the bathroom and sometimes out of no where i get nauseous, lightheaded, and a hot flash feeling through my entire body. I've been tested for celiac disease, that came back negative, I've tried a lactose free diet, that didn't work, and I've had pretty much every blood test out there and a stool test and still we cant figure it out. We thought it could be IBS though medicines for IBS do not work. If anyone can give me any feedback I would really appreciate it.

Have you figured anything out yet? For the first time in years I have heard someone else explain some of what I have been living with for years. I have had numerous scopes/tests and they cannot find a reason for what I am having. I am always nauseous. I find myself constantly munching on crackers because if my stomach gets empty it gets much worse. I have had a Nissen Fundoplication with Selective Vagatomy a couple of years ago. It really helped with the GERD but I wasn't supposed to be able to ever vomit after having the surgery - it didn't work. In fact, I am vomitting constantly and it is so much more painful. I am at the point now where I am vomitting everytime I have a bowel movement. For about 4 months the only things that I could keep down were popcorn, pickles & those little white powdered donuts. Anything and everything else would come back to haunt me. It is so weird. Nobody has ever seen anything like it. I just all of a sudden get really sick to my stomach, breakout in a sweat, have a "hot flash" and feel like I am going to pass out. This happens several times a day. Please, let me know if you have found anything out and I will do the same. Hang in there - I know how miserable you are - and how crazy this is!

blood test do not always show what the problem is. crohns disease, ulcerative colitis and coeliac disease are possibilities and can take a long time to diagnose. it all depends on inflamation etc at the time of testing. i have crohns disease but tests at the hospital came back negative at first and then eventually after more tests they found signs of the disease. research your symptoms on line and see if they match yours. if so ask your doctor for further tests.

I am glad to hear someone with the same problems. I eat, I get bloated, feels like there is a bowling ball in my gut. I get sharp pains, there are little gas bubbles everywhere in my lower left belly. I have an urgency to go the the bathroom (bowel) and when I get there, not much happens. I too lost 30 lbs. in 3 months, have kept it off, but I try to eat (even though it bothers me) enough to keep it stable. At first they thought it may be a bacteria in my stomach (negative) and gall bladder problem (negative) I am now going to see a surgeon for second opinion. I don't know, if you find anything out, let me know! I would like to hear what they come up with.

:-)

Well it seems like you have all had this for a while, im just in my 2nd month of problems. It started out as diarrhea and nausea i've lost 22 pounds thus far and keep getting worse. I have been tested for numerous parasites, infections and even had a CT scan. Everything came back negative. I have the exact same symptoms that you all have.
I have done extensive traveling to 3rd world countries and somehow think this may have been a factor. Can any of you tell me what you did leading up to the stomach problems, maybe there is a link of some sort. While i've only had this for a month and a couple days I can not imagine continuing, this is really debilitating.

8-| I have been having the same problems as you are for about 9 months now. They can't find the problem and have had all the same test ran....Let me know if they find out what is wrong and I will do the same....Have a great day...Kathy

have you been tested for Fructose malabsorption or dietary fructose intolerance?

Hi! I've been having the same issues for around 3 months. Nausea, weight loss, feeling of stomach fullness and discomfort constantly (gets very bad if I actually try to eat), fatigue. The doctor has ran a lot of test and so far everything has been negative. Also had a stomach ultra sound and tested for parasite's and still all negative. He wants to do a HIDA Scan but I have a feeling that that won't show anything either. I guess I should be happy that my test are all coming back normal but why am I feeling so terrible. I just want to feel normal again. Please let me know if you have gotten any answers or suggestions on things that may help.
Heather

I was diagnosed with dietary fructose intolerance many years ago. It was a simple test in the office of my gastroenterologist. They new right away.

my mom has had the same thing.. stomach pain, nausea, fatigue. its so bad she cant get out of bed. she has no appetite and she forces herself to drink a little Ensure everyday so she doesnt get too weak and dehydrated. she has had numerous blood tests, urine tests, they have even sent cameras up her! the strange part of this mysterious illness is this-- it began about 15 years ago and lasted about a year, then 5 years later it happened again for about 8 months, then a couple years later it happened again for about a year, then a few years ago it happened for a few months, now she has it again and has had it for a couple months so far. i feel so bad for her, she is miserable and so far nothing can be done about it. i just find it so strange that it comes and goes, and lasts as long as it does. i mean its so bad she cant do ANYTHING. if anyone has heard of this before or has any recommendations i would be so grateful to hear it.

were you checked for parasites? i know it sounds wierd but is becomming more and more cases of this.

hey! You're problems sound similar to mine. I constantly feel queezy after i eat and always have to go to the bathroom but nothing comes. a year ago I was diagnosed with gastroparesis where my stomach doesnt empty. I couldnt eat anything withought feeling as if I ate a huge thanksgiving dinner. numerous nights i was up till mid morning with pain. i got surgery this christmas to put a gastric stimulator in and it works! i still have to do mostly liquids though. I recommend boost or ensures if you want to maintain!

I have been going through the same thing since 2005. I have extreme intractable pain in my lower left abdomen, it is sharp. I feel little balls in the area that move around. It is constantly making gurgling noises. I am 25 year old male and used to weigh 245, i lost 60 pounds in no more then 2 months and continuously am loosing weight. I am down to 160 pounds within the last 6-8 months. My bowel movemenst are always different. Sometimes it is easy to go or there are days were i am constipated and strain. Also a lot of nausea and vommitting. Had ove 30 ct scans, ultra sounds, endoscopy, conoloscopy, and blood tests, you name it. No doctor has found anything. i am currently traveling to L.A to center of digestive diseases to run other tests. I can not deal with this pain, appetite sucks and can rarely do anything. My doc has perscribed me xanax/ kolonopin for my anxiety and it seems to take the edge off (sometimes). Has anyone taken these and has helped them. I definitley do not want to take any type of narcotics i was just wondering why that does help sometime. The pain also shoots to my lower left back and lower left side. I do not know what this is, if anyone has any info please let me know. when i get my tests done in L.A. i will reply back with an update. I wish the best to all of you, especially those with this pain and no diagnosis. :-/

I had the same thing happen to me, to the T. They took my gallbladder and appendix out even, and still nothing worked. I went to a neurologist and they found trigger points in my back and stomach. It turned out to be Myofascial pain Syndrome, and it pushed on my celiac plexus nerve which is what caused all of the GI issues. I would say go to a physical therapist first, see if stretches and stuff works for you. Then collaborate with a neurologist. See what all they can do.