I've experienced the following symptoms for the past three and a half months:

- queasiness/nausea beginning shortly after eating which lasts 1 to 3 hours (no vomiting, though, and the nausea is not severe but definitely present). This is probably the symptom that bothers me the most because it distracts me from my work and makes me generally feel uncomfortable. For the first two months after my symptoms began, I didn't eat very well because of this nausea and as a result lost about 10 lbs. unintentionally. Not sure if I've gained back any as I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I often do have to make myself eat.

- feeling full prematurely when eating a full-sized meal. As a result, I've been eating much smaller portions and snack throughout the day instead of eating big meals in one sitting. This goes along with the nausea and causes me to not have an appetite a lot of times.

- mild bloating after eating and sometimes in the morning; this is more of a sensation of bloating rather than being physically bloated - my abdomen is not distended, etc.

- chest tightness / feeling like I'm not able to draw a full breath. This happened during the first two months or so, but it has subsided some.

- occasional constipation which usually resolves after a few days. Bowel movements are generally regular and not a problem.

- some lower back pain and a stitching kind of pain in left upper abdomen

- excessive burping in the morning and after eating; by excessive I mean noticeably more than I used to before this all started. Along with this, lots of gurgling sounds from stomach and abdomen area even when I'm not hungry.

- finally, I began experiencing these symptoms after a bout in mid-February of pretty intense abdominal pain that came in waves along with diarrhea, which would relieve the pain somewhat. I'm pretty sure this was not any kind of food poisoning or stomach flu, because there was no vomiting or fever, and I had not eaten anything questionable beforehand. After that episode was when all these other symptoms started..

I went to the doctor's twice soon after these symptoms, and she prescribed me omeprazole because I mentioned that I had a little bit of heartburn. The omeprazole didn't make any noticeable difference to me, so I went to a GI specialist in late March. He suspected either H. Pylori or gastroparesis. Eventually got an upper endoscopy done which turned up nothing, and the biopsy was negative for H. Pylori. I should also mention that I also got a blood and urine test, both of which turned up nothing as well. Since I don't think the acid reflux meds help any, currently I'm taking probiotics and some traditional Chinese medicine, which seemed to help for the past two months - I've started to eat better and more regularly and felt okay mostly again, BUT this past week I had another bout of intense abdominal pain + diarrhea similar to the one back in February, and now I'm experiencing the same nausea/lack of appetite/bloating as before. I'm all out of ideas as to what this could be, and why it would last so long.

A few details about me: age 22, female, was generally in good health before all this, though I had experienced quite a bit of stress and anxiety for about five months before initial symptoms began. But now I'm not really stressed out about anything and this is still happening... help?

Other things I'v considered: gallbladder issue (symptoms don't really fit, though), maybe gastroparesis, IBS? Any help would be greatly appreciated! And apologies for the wall of text!

Do you still see your GI doctor?  If so, get him to test you for the 3 C's: Celiac, Chron's and Colitis.  Those are all easily diagnosed, the Celiac with either a blood test or a breath/blow strip (depending on what practices your doctor does and knows) and with scopes on the other 2.  Also, GERD is possibility as well.

What helped me with my nausea before my diagnosis of Celiac was a piece of REAL ginger bark.  Cut a small candy size piece and suck on it like a candy, do not chew it or swallow it.  OR make a ginger tea with small pieces of ginger and hot water.  If nothing else Gravol always works just is not natural.

Imodium can firm up your stool when you have diarrhea but so can bananas in your diet.  The BRAT diet works well when you have those symptoms this diet is:Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask any questions by PM me anytime or just asking here.  Good luck!

i had same problem for several years and kombucha helps a lot -my opinion its parasites/-use natural probiotics not pills/ if you brew your own kombusha tea its better than pills-it cures all types of internal problems including colon cancer, . stop all use of sugar. kefir, mint teas to soothe/use homegrown mint to get the beneficial oils..lemon water baking soda..check your ph..if its acid ph switch to alkaline forming foods..lemons are acidic, but produce alkalinity state..

almost forgot..digestive enzymes, cardomom, tumeric, are also very helpful

Not sure what is going on, but I have pretty much the exact same issues. Mine started with nausea and intense fullness after eating. The fullness looped around to my back, and felt like pressure on my lower back, but more on my left side. The pain can radiate up to my shoulder. I overate a few nights ago, and the back pain and fullness was almost unbearable. It seems worse if I eat any sugar (even fruit). I was thinking pancreas, but am going to the clinic this am. Did you find any resolution?

I am 49, normal weight, and in generally good health. I have wondered if it could be related to stress as well.

Hi

There is a test for gastroparesis - slow digestion. Usually caused by nerve damage (phrenic nerve) often by a virus such as a bad 'cold' or just 'idiopathic'. Treatment is the same regardless of the cause - small meals, avoid fiber and hard to digest foods such as steak (opt for ground beef instead). Avoid uncooked veggies and things that don't settle well. Smoothies are great for GP as are things like yogurt, oatmeal, rice, fish, ground meats and etc.

I have GP...let me give anyone this advice...eating is not always fun...eating is not supposed to be fun. No one would say, it makes me feel bad to take my medicine so I am just going to die...that is stupid. Not eating when you're underweight is the same thing. Just because you don't feel good does't mean you starve. It means you find a way to stuff in at least 1200 calories a day. You get creative - for example you make a very high calorie smoothie because liquids move through faster than solids. Having GP is no excuse to starve to death. GP can making eating a miserable experience but be grateful for the life we have ...GP isn't fun...it really sucks but it can always be worse. So, each morning, get up, smile through the nausea and thank God you woke up. Then go to the kitchen and stuff 500 calories in your tummy and then one again smile through the nausea.

Ways to relieve nausea - acupuncture helps but that is costly and time consuming...by trick - distraction. Find something to keep your brain busy - do long division in your head. Also, acupressure helps in the wrist. Walking helps too.

There are quite a few GP support websites out there. One is something like living well with GP.

Hope this helps someone someday.

Also, GP will make reflux worse and reflux can cause asthma.

Thyroid issues are often found with lots of GI issues.

Based on your symptoms, I have to say I agree with the lizard queen that it may be parasites, hookworm in particular. It's actually very common and the larvae can enter through your skin. So, going barefoot can expose you to these things and they can live up to 10 years in the adult stage. From what you've explained, you have abdominal pain, bloating, loss of appetite, nausea, shortness of breath/chest heaviness, burping, constipation, etc.
I think the stress before the symptoms began made your immune system more susceptible to this sort of infection. Hookworms in particular have a life cycle of entering though skin where they travel to the lungs and are coughed up and sealed down into the GI tract where they begin burrowing into the wall of the GI tract and feeding upon your blood. They hijack your hormones and neurotransmitters to make you crave certain foods and this may be why your stomach is growling a lot more bc you aren't eating as much and the parasites are hungry. If these are what's causing your ailments, it's better to take natural anti-parasitic supplements to eradicate them before they do more damage. The good thing is the supplements are non-toxic unlike the anti-parasitic pharmaceuticals, so you can take it and see if it helps without worry. However, if you do begin a parasite cleanse, be wary of the herxheimer reaction or healing crisis that occurs when they start to die off and expel more toxins into the body, increasing inflammation and symptoms. So if you notice an increase in symptoms after beginning, it's a good sign that it is working and killing off the microbes. A completely strict diet will be paramount in your success at getting rid of them-no sugar(even fruit and juice), much less meat/animal products, and tons of good veggies and lower carb options. sugar is the main fuel for parasites so make sure to eliminate it. It may take several treatments before you are able to heal completely. Look for supplements containing ingredients like black walnut hull, cloves, aged garlic, goldenseal, oregano oil, etc to effectively and wholly kill those off and get back to being you.
Hope this helps!