i have been having this diarrhea for about 2 weeks now and it wont go away i try imodium and gas x for the bloading but after all that wears off it just comes back .. im lactose and tolerant .. does that cause this? could i have ibs?? e-mail me at *******

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

You need to see a doctor to realize what is going on. Yes, it could be ibs, and yes, it could be lactose intolerance but if diarrhea occurred suddenly and has been present for two weeks already, you need to see a doc and rule out any other gastrointestinal disorders.
Your doctor may decide to take a stool sample and examine it for bacteria or other organisms that could be causing mess. They may order a blood test, perform a rectal exam, barium enema or sigmoidoscopy and while these exams may scare you, they may be necessarily to determine what could be causing your problems.

You should know that IBS is diagnosed when all the other possibilities have been ruled out. There are many other possible causes that could be suspected depending on your accompanying symptoms but if none symptoms exist, then tests could reveal infection (that I have already mentioned), intestinal diseases, food intolerance, parasites, etc

Good day.

You can try to treat watery diarrhea on your own, but I would not suggest you do that. I mean, you can try and you can drink a lot of water, eat foods that contain fibers, There are so many reasons for this.

I had it once for 10 days and I understand that this was not a good thing. So, I went to see my doctor and it was caused by some infection, some microorganisms were traveling through my bowels and this was the main reason why I was struggling with it for so long.

I got some pills and I was OK after two days.