What would be the best place to find information on immunizations you would need? What is it like to get these immunizations as an adult?

Have any of you travelled to Africa? How are things, really?

What is it like to be on an airplane for that long?

Is a passport relatively easy to obtain?

i cant remember where i found it, i think it might have been one of the FAQ pages on the US govt/passport site...

anyway, there was TONS of info about traveling abroad, what to do, where to go, saftey, etc.

I have never been to Africa, but have traveled to places where you need your immunization shots. Just make sure that you do lots of research before having the shots as my doctor gave me both of my Hep B shots at once and I got sick (apparently you're not supposed to do that).

I have been on several loooooong flights (22 hrs) and one of the best suggestions that I can make, besides dressing comfortably, is to bring a neck pillow. I have one that is filled with some crunch stuff...and it's ok, but kind of a pain to carry. I have heard that the blow up ones work just as well but are easier to carry.

So...where ya goin???

The US State Department is an excellent resource.

As a non-traveller, might I ask where you were flying that took that long? I didn't think it took that long to get anywhere on this planet.

Philly to Chicago to Hong Kong to Beijing.
There are many flights that take that long or longer.

Get going on your passport and vaccinations now! I was just at the US Post Office, and you can get a passport there now..

Malaria can be the oral tablets, and I think it's a 4 week regimen..

Depending on where you are going to be..Hepatitis A and B vaccine.

Make sure your tetanus-diptheria toxoid doesn't need a booster.

:1:
Now is the best time of the year to get a passport.
At the height of spring for summer travel it takes from 4 to 6 weeks to get a passport. In the early winter months the processing time is less that 4 weeks.
S99

You guys rock!