It's been more than a year since my gallbladder removal and i never had any complications (no nausea, no diarrhea, no pain). Recently I've been having nausea immediately followed by the need to have a bowel movement. It's not exactly diarrhea but it's not normal either. After passing a bowel movement the nausea is gone. I don't know if this has anything to do with my lack of a gallbladder or not. I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced this, if so what can be done?

There are some complications and consequently nausea that can occur following surgery, say even six to eight weeks, but an entire year is different. How is your diet? Is it fairly healthy and do you eat several small meals per day? Also, have you discussed the symptoms with your doctor? It could be related, but it is hard to say. The best thing to do is check in with your doctor and see what he/she says. There could be some anti-nausea medication that would work, or possible a small tweak in your diet might do the trick. Whatever is causing the nausea and irregular stool should be simple to figure out by your doctor. If you can, see the doctor who did your surgery - they might be your best bet. Am sure you will get good advice here too. Thanks for your post and question. Good luck to you.

I also have had my gall bladder removed 10 months ago. About a month ago I started having loose stool and 2 times there was a small amount of blood. I have never been sick much before and I am only 21. I am having some tests done right now so I don't know what the problem is.
I was on a birth control called YAZ for 6 months before I developed gallstones. the doctors say its not related but they have no reason to support it. I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I had my gallbladder removed 2 yrs ago when my daughter was 2 months old. I still have awful cramping to the point where I sweat and feel like I will pass out or throw up. The cramps are so bad , it sometimes takes me an hour before I get any relief. I can't go anywhere without having to leave or use their bathroom. I mostly stay at home because it doesnt seem to be getting any better. I has taken over my life. Is there any medications that will help or is it certain foods? Sometimes a sandwich makes me have a attack so I am lost on the diet?

I also suffer from a bladder condition (I.C.) I don't think it is related thought but that doesn't help. It is a nightmare all on its on. I was just wondering it if the rest of my life will be like this?

I had my gallbladder removed 9 months ago. I took the doctors advice and slowly introduced foods back into my diet and they said I could have the odd takeaway. I tried to eat as healthily as possible but we do have the odd takeaway and go out for meals sometimes. I felt realtively o.k for 7 months with some mild bloating and constipation. However 2 months ago I began with pain again under my diaphagm and it felt like the pain i'd had before my cholecystectomey. I suffer with nausea I have constant pain all day its worse when I eat anything at all, yet if I don;t eat its worse aswell and its disturbing my sleep aswell so I can;t win. Ive been to see a gastro consultant and have been given a double dose of antiacids, however they havent worked over the last two weeks so i'm still no further in finding something to manage it. just wondered if anyone else had had this problem and can help!