Hi, my doctor has recommended us to try to increase fertility with Clomid, since it can manage ovulation and augment chances for conceiving. I want to hear some true life stories about successful treatment with Clomid. Thanks!

Hi, I was taking Clomid for four month before I got pregnant. It is very useful if your problem is ovulation. Now, I have 2 year old boy, who makes us happy very much. Clomid increasing level of gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) inblood, which stimulates FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinazing hormone) secretion. These hormones stimulate development of more mature eggs – ovulation. So, your chances for conceiving are greater. Your doctor has given you advice about dosage, usually it is 50 mg a day. I wish you to become pregnant, and enjoy your motherhood!

Can both of you tell me what your FSH level was? Please? I am having similar issues with high FSH level. I was wondering whether this treatment would help me.

I took clomid 50mg and now I'm 5 weeks pregnant from the first go!!
Keep trying and be positive.:-)

my dr. just put me on clomid for the first time. my husband and i have been ttc for 2 years and no success. i am hoping this will work.
good luck to all of you!!

We have been TTC for more than a year now and I've done my BBT and day 21 progesterone level and there is no indication that I am ovulating. I've also done accupuncture and herbal therapy and still nothing. We did blood work and showed FSH at 8.1 I'm 31 years old.

My husband's sperm analysis is normal. My menstruation is also irregular 40 day cycle or more. My GYN prescribed provera to induce mestruation and then CLOMID starting day #5 x 5 (50mg).

We are hopeful.

Any comments?

I just wanted to provide you with some reassurance. I took 50mg of clomid for 2 cycles (days 5-9) and I am now 6 weeks pregnant :-) I was having anovulatory cycles prior to clomid and withdrawal bleeding.
My obgyn said that I should use OPKs to time ovulation, so I did. However, I never received a positive OPK result. I tested every day (day 9...till I suspected pregnancy) and the test line was never as dark as the control. Fortunately, I had also begun charting and had a biphasic temperature chart suggesting that I ovulated on day 21. Sure enough, my temp stayed elevated and I have had several pos. HPTs. I also saw a reproductive endocrinologist who advised me that OPKs are not accurate and that while taking clomid, you should be monitored by ultrasound, etc. I hope that I continue to have a wonderful healthy pregnancy and wish you all the best. I would suggest not relying solely on OPKs and to seek the advice of a Reproductive Endocrinologist if you are not satisfied with the fertility assistance that your ob is providing. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Hi everyone. I am new to all of this so bare with me! My Husband and I have been TTC for a little over a year. I just completed my first round of clomid (50mg) Day(5-9) two days ago. I am also on 1500 mg of metformin. When should I start looking for ovulation? If anyone has any advise I am more than open to it. Good luck to everyone!! And God bless you all!!

I been trying clomid for 2 yrs and still no luck and cant afford infertility cause insurance doesnt pay for it :-(

I remember a year ago looking at these stories, trying to see if anyone else felt as frustrated as me and my husband were trying to get pregnant, and looking for some hope. For us it was hard because he is active duty army and deploys every other year so we have years in between missing as we were trying.

I was not ovulating on my own so the dr suggested we try Clomid. I did 3 cycles of 50mg and did not ovulate so those didn't work, but the dr didn't track the ovulation. Then the last cycle I got moved to a different doctor and we were going to try one more time before he deployed and my dosage was doubled to 100mg (still taking from day 5-10) and the dr confirmed ovulation 3 weeks after my period... a week later (now time being 3 weeks before he deploys) we find out WE ARE EXPECTING our first baby!!! IT WORKED!!! I am now 13 weeks along and so far so good and due in July! (and his leave was just approved to come home for the birth)

Its such a blessing, and I wish all of you the best of luck! I know its frustrating, we tried for years, but there is the technology and meds out there to help, and clomid was our answer to our prayers!

My insurance also does not cover infertility. I am on a rx plan at the grocery store and my Clomid was $36.00 for the 3 month cycle. Have you considered IUI? Intra Uteran Insemination? That is way less expensive than Invitro. It is about $500-$800 each try. I found that if you save a little at a time you can manage it. Say $20.00 a week for a year and you'd have enough to cover it. You can also put away a few bucks here & there to build it faster. Have you tried personal loans? I have a personal loan for $2,500. and I pay $83. a month on that.

I am on my 1st cycle of Clomid and these are some of the things I have done to help with the costs. Prayer...LOTS & LOTS OF PRAYER!

Good luck & God Bless.

I took clomid the first month and no baby we at first kindof gave up hope. I went on clomid for the 2nd month and we wasnt reallt trying and now im 5weeks pregnant so stop trying so hard and relax.

Hi

I am new to this, so i would be gratfeul if you can helpme. Just order my first pack of clomid on25g. i been trying to get pregant for sometime know. but i got pcos. but when i took them they kind of melted in the mouth? is that right. i had just orded some 50g instead is that better.

could you help me please if that is correct.

Thanks.

I am new to this forum. I took clomid on the first of this month and waiting eager to get some positve result. But i dont have any symptoms of preg. :-( . I am going to take HPT on 1st of Aug if i miss my period. My period is irregular so i took provera and then took clomid 5omg days 5-7. I am praying GOD that something gud should happen. We r trying for more than 6 months to get preg but no success.

To mrogal2 : Get your clomid filled at Target! It is significantly less there for some reason. I only paid 9- for 5 pills- my insurance does not cover it, either. I paid 60- one month at the grocery store pharmacy and changed to target on a whim and was pleasantly surprised by the price difference.