Hi all. My wife has Polycistic Ovarys. As we are trying to start a family we really need someone to explain us what are Polycistic Ovarys, can that effect baby and what type of treatment is best for it. Thanks.

Polycystic ovary syndrome (or PCOS) is a diverse group of conditions which result in failure to ovulate. Women with PCOS often have irregular menstruation and can also have excess secretion of androgens. Treatment usually consists of administering a medication that will make the woman ovulate. The most common one is clomid. But, before treatment, she should be evaluated by a gynecologist and fertility specialist. They will thoroughly examine her and decide the best therapy. Good luck you two

hey there
ive been trying fro two years now!
have had alot of heart ache but i have found out about a year and a half ago that ive the same through irreguler periods but i was given clomid 50mg and it did not work then tried it again and it did not work but was given 100mg and ive over responded to many follicles but everyone is different and i suggest that if this is what you really want then keep trying it will happen when the time is right.

I have PCOS and I am also trying to start a family. I found a great support site http://www.soulcysters.net/index.php and I am trying to get the word out. It has helped me so much!

PCOS is a disease of the endocrine system. And can often be a precursor to full blown diabetes... or insulin resistance

I have this also, but the Clomid drove me nuts literally, if you think your wife has PMS now wait till she tries the clomid.

I switched docs after that - (fertility) and he put me on glucophage, or metformin.We convieced with in a month.

Also, they will have you continue it throught the first trimester... it does something that reduces early miscarriages...

WE now have a bouncing baby, 6 year old girl!