Hello. I'm 25 year old male and for all my life I had problems with being overweight. Just recently I have decided to change something and started with body building.
I'm practicing it over then four months now and I'm very satisfied with the exercise effects on my health and on my general appearance.
Beside this, I have also started with one diet program.
But, there is one thing that’s confusing me- I'm experiencing some strange body changes. I'm definitely loosing inches but not loosing pounds. In fact, I'm gaining weight although I look much better now. What the hell is going on with me?

Hi. I have just read your post and I see that you are confused about all this. Don’t worry – it has happened to almost anyone. The thing is that you don’t have any reasons to be worried or confused. Your weight is simply the sum total of your bones, organs, fat, muscle and other tissue, especially fat tissue. If you are losing inches on your exercise program but the scale is not budging, this suggests that your body composition is improving - that you are losing fat while gaining muscle. That’s the best possible effect that you could experience in a gym. In most cases this doesn’t happen because man can't gain so much muscle tissue in a short period of loosing fat. Muscle is denser than fat, in other words, a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. So, this is just a sign that you are doing everything fine and even better. Just keep on with exercises and healthy living. Wish you luck!

I signed up for a boot camp program just for women. This program is scheduled 5 days a week for one hour. At the end of my first boot camp I was measured and it should that I lost a total of 9 inches overall. But, I have not lost any weight or bodyfat. What's up with that? I am not the only one in the group that has had this experience. Any ideas.

Confused. %-)

Muscle weighs more then fat so if you are looking better and fitting into your clothes better, then don't worry what the scale says.
People don't ask you what you weigh... they see what you look like.
Keep up the good work and don't let the scale discourage you.

Hi, I started weight loss program one month ago and have lost 10 pounds. Now, I am also facing the similar situation i.e. loosing inches but not pounds, I am curious to know that after how much time, shall can I expect the weight to go down further?

Congratulations! You are doing it! In one month you lost both inches and weight! That is great! When most people refer to losing weight, it commonly refers to looking slimmer and smaller – but this doesn’t always mean losing weight. While this may sound like they contradict each other, they don’t necessarily. You may be able to actually lose body fat, while gaining muscle and this keeps your weight the same. So even if you lose inches off your stomach, the scale in your morning or evening ritual may stay the same or get even show that you gained a little bit more weight.

The number is really not much help. Not only doesn’t it tell you how much of your weight is composed of muscle and how much is fat, but it doesn’t tell you how much of that weight is contributed to from bones, organs, or water. The weight of a bodybuilder can be in excess of 200 or 300 pounds, but there aren’t many people that would call he/she overweight. Give it some time. Everyone is different. If you are losing inches, you are doing great - have yet to see a 200 pound size 4 yet!