>:( Ok, I know everyone hears this a lot, but I am at my wits end with trying to lose my last 20 pounds!!!! Let me just clarify.....I am 40 years old, fairly healthy, and only about 30 pounds overweight! I recently lost 5 pounds ( by practically starving myself) but now, the scale won't budge! I barely eat anything and I actually started back smoking to help take away my appetite ( I know.....not good) but I am desperate to be a size 8 for the summer and i just don't know what else to try!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to "jump start" your metabolism so the pounds start melting off???

First of all, you should not starve yourself. It does more damage than help. Your body goes into shock and starts turning the food you eat into fat for storage. Just try balancing your meals better and of course some exercise wouldn't hurt.
It's also very important not to skip breakfast, this prevents from overeating the rest of the day especially at night when you're least active.

It's also about the food you eat. Add more veggies and fruits to your diet and stop eating fast foods. take time to cook, at least on weekends. Fast food is filled with chemicals that make you fat. But do not live on carrots and celery alone. Your body and brain need a certain amount of calories and fats per day to function properly. Find out your limit and be consistent. This should certainly help you loose some weight.

celestial_kel wrote:

:x Ok, I know everyone hears this a lot, but I am at my wits end with trying to lose my last 20 pounds!!!! Let me just clarify.....I am 40 years old, fairly healthy, and only about 30 pounds overweight! I recently lost 5 pounds ( by practically starving myself) but now, the scale won't budge! I barely eat anything and I actually started back smoking to help take away my appetite ( I know.....not good) but I am desperate to be a size 8 for the summer and i just don't know what else to try!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to "jump start" your metabolism so the pounds start melting off???

Two main things:
1. Eat breakfast! I can't tell you how important this is! It jump starts your metabolism for the rest of the day and makes you less hungry as well.

2. When you're hungry eat something. Eat foods you like, but don't overstuff yourself. Stop when you're satisfied. Then, if later on you're hungry again, eat something else. That way you're body will know that it will get good when it needs it and won't be storing fat all the time. As long as you stop when you're satisfied you'll be ok. Who likes being stuffed anyway, right?

I'm 49 and 5'7" and went from 156 (size 12) to 139 (size 8) in a period of about 4 months. Sure, this was kind of slow, but that's the healthy way to lose weight. This method is not hard at all. In fact, it's great.

I know what you mean getting those last few pounds is the most horrifying experience, no matter how much will and grit determination you have they just don't seem to go away...I know I used to workout regularly follow a strict diet regime but wasn't able to get those last 14lbs off...Then one night stumbled across a product online which just did it for me.

http://jeegan.jaysonrd.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=13

PLEASE don't smoke to help you curb your appetite (been there, done that years ago). Let me recomend the R&D Diet Cookie. They really eliminate hunger so that you can stay on your low calorie diet (because when you get down to it, cutting calories is the only way to lose weight). I had trouble losing weight after my 2nd child. I went on the R&D Cookie Diet when I heard about it in December. I've lost 20 lbs and I have to admit it has been pretty effortless. I have 30 more to go and I will keep you posted.

Weight loss is more of a change in mindset. I have problems with loosing weight, so I joined a program (Weight Watchers), it works follow the program guaranteed to lose weight.

I have lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks.

Also, once you stop worrying about your weight loss the pounds will start to drop off. I think it was Madonna who stated that one. Focus on inches rather than pounds.

Many women who exercise as part of their weight loss program become frustrated initially when they don't lose weight. They don't realize that training increases muscle size, and muscle tissue weighs more than fat. When you develop muscle and lose fat, you may lose inches instead of pounds. You may even gain weight, but you'll appear slimmer and trimmer. Because you're lowering your body-fat percentage and increasing your metabolic rate, you're improving your physical fitness considerably.

OK, let me first say that I posted this same msg to Mallisa and will repeat it here. I know I am saying opposite of what most are telling you but I really, firmly believe that there are no "tricks" and the one single thing that will make you lose weight is the number of calories. There! I said it! So, look up very low calorie diet (VLCD) on WebMD and decide if you are healthy enough to go on one. I heartily recommend the R&D Diet Cookie to help you stay on a very low calorie diet. Not forever... just long enough to lose the weight you want to lose. It took me about 3 months to lose a total of 40# but I wasn't on it every single day. There were some holidays and family gatherings and vacations during the course of those 3 months. It has to be fun too! The cookies are satisfying and nutritional and made the diet and weight loss effortless. Good luck!
Rhonda

Smoking can cause weight gain in case you haven't known. And barely eating equals unhealthy eating. It may help you shed your extra weight in a short time, but you'll only gain them back. Weight loss usually goes with regular exercise, healthy eating habits, and controlling the portion of what you eat;)

Losing weight is not that easy but the unhealthy way of losing weight is totally incorrect. Try Roca Labs formula. Do exercise 5 days a week. We know how hard it is to eat healthy all the time and stick to a workout plan. It's work! But, the more you do something the easier—and more enjoyable—the moves become. The same goes for healthy eating. We know you can do it!

Starving yourself is never the right way to lose weight. What i have found is sticking to a good diet and do regular exercise is the best way to lose weight.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

First of all your a mess! And I say that affectionately. You do the right things for the wrong reasons and the wrong things for the wrong reasons. You should be desperate to be healthy. All that weight will no doubt come back to you because of how you're taking it off. Love yourself enough to get rid of the cigarettes.(I seen my family members younger than you die from cigarettes) If you cut out carbs completely and go with protein an salads/vegetables would be a start. if you want carbs don't eat them past lunch. If you drink sugary drink sugary drinks be done with them! When you plateau it can last from a month to a year.