Hi i am almost 16 years old.im a very average girl with the height of 5'7 and i look like i weigh about 130-140 pounds when the truth is i weigh about 150-170 pounds.im very active with dance (5 days a week)and always working out(im very fond of running)some of my friends just tell me you are just very muscular but i hate the way i look underneath it all.Its not one of those little confidence things its just i wear a size8 in jeans and i have stretch marks on my legs and hips.its very aggravating!every time i try to diet i end up gaining more weight!i don't know what to do!someone told me i may have a thyroid problem,if these seem like the symptoms of that please let me know what i need to do!im tired of this constant struggle!please just somebody help me!

Mollie

I too am 16, and I've been looking around trying to find average weight to strive to get up to because I feel under weight (115-118lb) if you are exercising everyday I'd have to say you are on the right track and we have to remember weight is a number on a scale

I am 16 also and weigh, as far as I know when I weighed myself this morning 169 pounds. I am 5 foot 7 inches also and I am in the same problem, though I only take dance lessons once a week, but I have been practicing till yesterday since my foot is messed up. And I sometimes work out, lately, not as much lately (My passion is in guitar and drawing/art lol, and my cousin is over so it's PARTY LAZY TIME! :D) And my legs are naturally muscular, always have been so I don't know if there is anything some of us can do about that whole muscular look on our legs. If you are really exercising that much, then you shouldn't worry too much, and a lot of girls have stretch marks :) there is a cream that can help you with that. And as long as you don't skip a meal, and it's healthy, that's good and you should be losing weight. But calories do play a roll in this, I have been counting my calories for a little over a month now, and I have lost at least lost 7/8 pounds. I went vegan back in October last year (where you eat nothing but plant based products, no dairy or meat, I am sometimes vegetarian here and there though, where you eat dairy products but don't eat meat.) and I used to weigh almost 200 pounds and within a couple of months I instantly dropped 20 pounds! If you are 5 foot 7 inches though, you shouldn't weigh more than 150 though. So if you are 150, you are good the way you are, and you don't need to lose anymore really. (I am going by BMI also by the way).

But I hope you reach your goal and don't put your health in danger!

Weight losing not an easy task but not impossible. It can reduce by exercise and dieting. Eat more green vegetables and avoid the oily and unhealthy food.

dude 130 to 140 is skinney! i am 13 and weigh 140!how do u think i feel :'( u are normal

Hi, im 13 and weigh 137 pounds . I'm only 5 foot 4, and the weight really shows,especially on my thighs arms and hips. I really try to eat healthy organic stuff , and i try to diet but my mom doesn't believe in it, so without her behind me its almost impossible to diet. I'm not very sporty, and when I go to the gym or run everybody laughs at me. My thighs are wobbling so I'm getting desperate! Please help!