Hi everyone.

My little sister has some weight issues lately. She doesn't eat much but she keeps gaining pounds. I wouldn't say she is fat, but she sure has some extra pounds. Yesterday she asked me what weight pills I use so that she can buy them too. I wasn't sure if it’s recommended for teens to use weight loss pills so I didn't tell her anything. I think that maybe it is better for her to try some diet program or something like that.

What do you think? What is the safest way to lose pounds when you are in your teens?

I have a teen daughter and she also had ideas of how to lose weight. She wanted to start using pills but I wouldn’t let her.

Finally we agreed she will try loosing weight in my way, and if it doesn’t work, she can try something else.

This is what I find best for teenagers when it comes to losing weight-

Eat healthy food, never skip meals. Eat five small meals a day. Drink a lot of fluids.

Forget about junk food and high sugar drinks.

Don’t eat anything from 9 pm to 6 am.

Don’t eat snacks like chips and candies. Instead, you can eat fruits. 

Hi TinkerBell23

I agree with everything Aristotle40 said. I think there is no need for teenagers to use diet pills or any weight loss drugs.

Everything can be solved with proper eating habits and healthy way of life.

TinkerBell23 tell her also that she should:

-Drink 8 glasses of water daily.

-Create a habit of eating at the table, not in front of a tv or doing something else that will distract her.

-Take time chewing food.

-Avoid eating food from school cafeteria.

-Do light exercise every day before breakfast.

-try sucking a mint instead of chewing a gum

This is enough, no need for drugs or pills.