Three months ago my obgyn referred me to the cancer doctor due to my low blood platelet count he was concerned because they were at 95,000. The cancer doctor watched me over the next three weeks I came back and they were 83,000. After that my platelets dropped to 70,000 we have had a bone marrow test, MRI of the brain, CTC scan, he checked for Anemia, liver, lupus, thyroid, leukemia, and even said there was no indicated of hepatitis and HIV, all these test came back negative. (The white blood and red blood cells were normal) He diagnosed with me Thrombocytopenia but that is usually caused from a disease, could anyone please help me determine what other test should be run and what should I do?

you need to be on prednisolone( a steriod) will help raise platelets....i have been diagnosed with ITP nearly 6 yrs now and thats what my cancer doctor always does...you need hemotologist doctor

Did you ever find out what this was? I am having the same issue right now. over 3 months platelets dropped from 95k to 70k and red and white blood counts normal. I've been referred to a hematologist but haven't gone yet. I really don't want the bone morrow test...

A bone marrow doesn't hurt you are put under anesthesia and you don't feel a thing

Have you ever been tested for Lyme disease, in particular Bartonella, a coinfection of it? Do you also sometimes get swelling in the lymph nodes? Most doctors won't test you for Lyme unless you have been bitten by a tick, or been exposed to animals who have brought home ticks on more than one occasion. Most will also deny Lyme so your best bet might be to go through IGeneX.