I'm an 18 year old female and I've had certain symptoms since the time I can remember such as constant fatigue, headaches often, heavy periods, and nausea and feeling bloated often. so I finally had had enough and went to the doctor to get a blood test done, I was originally getting tested for an under active thyroid because I thought that could be the problem. but after the blood test it was found that I had a low platelet count. just to make sure though the doctor had me come in and do another cbc blood test, after that it was found that my platelet count was STILL low. However I looked up the symptoms of a low platelet count and I found that none of the symptoms I was originally worried about were listed. Now I'm up posed to go see a hematologist, but I have no idea what I'm gonna get out of this. any ideas?

Do you easily bruise or bleed excessively? The condition in which you have abnormally low palette count is called thrombocytopenia. Do you have your blood tests with you?

How low is your palette count? Some medications can cause this; are you using any?