I have been noticing red blotches on my skin, sometimes they are itchy, I also feel tired, as if I am lacking energy, I have to admit that I am eating a bit too much Mcdonalds and chocolate lately, but I am not putting on weight so that is why I do not feel that I have to limit myself, I'm doing a degree course and this is my final year so that is probably why, I had a blood test recently and my platelets were low, but I do not know what this means....can anyone give me a reasonable answer please??

The red blotches are signs of bleeding from blood capillaries under your skin due to your low platelet count. Many disease conditions can cause low platelet count. Your doctor needs to find out the root cause in order to treat you. In the meantime, try to avoid activities that are likely to cause physical trauma to your body.