i am 22 year old female and my doctor dont know what to say about my pain. for about 6 months ive had bad pain. it started out in my left shoulder and i get shooting pain through my left arm it moved to my back. well now its all back on my left shoulder and even effecting my right shoulder sometimes. it goes up the back of my neck sometimes and gives me headaches. when i went to my doct months ago he told me i had muscle inflamation and gave me inflamation pills. well that did not help and i called him back on the phone and all he can say is its probly stress. well my shoulders are pouffed out and stiff bad. and my left shoulder is in terrible pain and its worse at night when i text with my fingers or type using my left hand it hurts my arm. i also tried doing my workout and i lifted a 3 pound weight abouve my head and got shooting pains through my arm n had to quit. it also makes my back hurt sometimes when my shoulder ".sometimes shoudlers" get really bad. please help any suggestions on what may be wrong??

Oh hon that's sound like a herniated or bulging disks in your spine you need an MRI first then they can determine what it is it really sounds like your spine I have had back issues all my life and I am 57 go to a neurosurgene if your GO won't order an MRI hopefully you have insurance? Good Luck and let me know what they say I am curious 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

thank you. i am planning on going to a different doctor than the one i normaly go to and getting a second opinion i dont have insurance thats why i waited so long hoping it would just go away.

The pain you are describing sounds like complex regional pain syndrome, I am no doctor but I have been having pain similar to yours

my symptoms are swelling, skin colour change, shooting pain, joint stiffness to name a few.

This is was hard for doctors to diagnose because no test really shows anything, its related to a nerve problem.

Try and see a neurologist or orthopedic doctor. Good Luck

I haven't went to the doctor yet. today I woke up and my whole body was hurting it feels like I am bruised all over and I haven't done anything.