Hello! I started working out 3 months ago bc I am interested in gaining weight in form of muscles ofcourse, not fat. Is there anybody who can recommend me some protein shakes, or at least tell me what to look in a shake when wanting to gain muscle weight! Thx

Hi there! You don’t need any shakes in order to gain weight. You can get, and you already do, get all the proteins you need from food like chicken, fish, meat, eggs, milk products, beans, tofu and other soy foods, and nuts. There are even small amount in grains and vegetables. And you need to keep up lifting, otherwise you will gain fat not muscles. Adequate amounts of carbohydrate from grains, vegetables, fruit, and milk are also important to maximize the energy available to your muscles during your workouts. It takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound. If you want to gain a pound a week, you have to eat 500 extra calories every day. The only reason adding protein shakes to the diet works in gaining muscle is because they are a concentrated source of calories. But, it's a lot cheaper to get those extra calories by eating simple foods that are high in calories.