Hey everyone. Every day I hear a lot of different stories what proteins should I give to my dog, which proteins I should avoid, which one are the best…I have to tell you that I am a little bit annoyed with this, but what can I do. No, I don’t know what the best is, but I think that I do know what the best for my dog is. And, I want to give my dog the best and the most quality food.

So, I need some good recommendation – what is the best quality protein on dog foods list?

Tnx a lot! 

Hey. Um, I can see that you are a little bit nervous, from your post, so I have to be honest that I don’t get exactly what are you saying. I will tell you what I know about this, and I hope that this is the answer that you are looking for. Fromm adult gold – duck, chicken, brown rice are the first ingredients and protein sources that you should give to your dog. You can include whole egg as well. Orijen is also the good brand that is produced on a very small scale in Canada, and it is good source of proteins. 

Here are some brand names that I've noticed often occur on those lists:

Wysong Fundamentals - 40 percent protein,

Evo Turkey and Chicken, Red Meat Formula and/or Salmon and Herring- 42 percent protein,

Instinct Chicken Meal - 38 percent protein,

Orijen Tundra, Adult Dog, Regional Red and/or Six Fish- 38 percent protein, Wysong Epigen - 60 percent protein,

Solid Gold Barking at the Moon with Beef - 41 percent,

Instinct Ultimate Protein Chicken and/or Duck - 47 percent protein,

Back to Basics Pork, Turkey and/or Open Range - 38 percent protein,

Wysong Nurture with Quail - 41 percent protein

and Wysong Anergen 2 - 40 percent protein.

I hope you'll find this useful.

I don’t think that Wysong Fundamentals is one of the foods with highest protein quality.

I’ve tried it. My dog doesn’t really like it, even though he is not at all picky when it comes to foods.

I tried to give him Orijen Tundra, since I have heard that it’s price fits the quality, but he also didn’t like it.

He loves Instinct Chicken Meal. I don’t know about it’s quality but I’d say it tastes delicious. I can tell by the smell.

I see you mentioned  Wysong Nurture with Quail and I agree. I heard that it’s great and I consulted with my friend who knows a lot about dog nutrition, she told me that it’s good quality food.

I prefer homemade raw food over canned food, but I can recommend you one brand which several people I know are giving to their dogs.

Others already mentioned it – Orijen Tundra. Although it contains “only” 38 percent of proteins, their proteins are high-quality ones.

Orijen’s marketing is based on claims that their food have 100% natural source of amino acids and it is low-carb and low-glycemic. Their canned food is having 60-80% of meat in total, including goat, mutton, rabbit, duck, bison and cod.

If you don’t have enough time for preparing meals for your dog, you can use this food without fear. Also, you can look on the web for some recipes where you can mix Orijen Tundra and raw meat.

Hey. Great list, you guys. Thank you for this one. I found this list as well. It can be really helpful.

• Acana small breed adult – 35,6 proteins,
  • Acana large breed adult – 36,7 proteins,
  • Aqualuk fish garain free – 33, 3 proteins,
  • Manitok formula grain free lamb – 33, 3 proteins,
  • Grain free open range formula – 42,2 proteins,
  • Grain free duck formula – 42,2 proteins,
  • Blue buffalo – 33, 3 proteins.

Those information are really helpful and I hope that you will be able to find something for your dog :) I will do some research again, maybe I will find something new. 

Hello to all.

First of all, I really need to stress how important it is to properly choose the foods for your dog. As in an old saying “You are what you eat”, your dog’s health, look and immune system depends on the way of feeding. You should always choose products that are made from 100 % natural ingredients and are additive free. Also, try to make homemade foods to your dog as frequent as you can.

When it comes to quality protein dog foods I can’t tell you the whole list but I do know some quality brands.

Nutro Natural Choice High Protein Grain Free Chicken and Chickpeas and Purina One are my recommendations.

Here is my list. I personally prefer homemade foods, but this is what I buy when I don’t have the time to prepare food by myself. These foods contain no additives or chemical ingredients that can harm our dogs’ health. So here we go:

Karma Organic- Their formula is considered 95 percent organic. Their main protein source is organic chicken, an the secondary source of protein is organic brown rice.

Orijen – These are the first 5 ingredients in their adult dog formula: fresh boneless chicken, chicken meal, fresh boneless salmon, turkey meal, and herring meal.

And my last favorite - Blue Buffalo. Their formula contains deboned chicken and chicken meal. That’s  their main source of protein. 

Hey. You really need to be careful when it comes about your dog food. You can not give him food that you find on the shelves, because that is wrong. But, I have to agree that Orijen is totally great option. Those ingredients are like a magic, they are powerful. This special food features goat, benison, mutton and bison, as far as I know, whole rabbit and whole duck. It is like you are giving to your dog fresh food every day. But, I can’t agree more that homemade food is the best option ever, it shouldn’t be hard for you to make it. 

Hello guys!

I can tell you what I’m giving to my corgi, but that isn’t the best choice for every dog as all breeds are different (just like dog foods).

For an instance, I avoid giving my corgi wet food only. I’m always mixing it with something raw (that is the best possible diet for your dog as well).

And, if I must recommend some of the brands, I’ll go with California Natural, Orijen, Taste of the Wild and Nature’s Variety. One thing is for sure, you need to give your dog low or grain-free food to boost his immune system.