My 12 yr old has been complaining about a knot under her chin for about a week. I thought it looked a little puffy,but couldn't feel anything. until last night, I felt a big hard lump?? what could it be? She is only 12 doesn't smoke and no piercing.

she gone ill? if she did, just wait a few weeks... ive had this too and went to the doctor. but he said something bout a swelling because i caught a cold...

Well,
Do you know anything about your lymphatic system? Lymphatic system is a part of our immune system and it is responsible for fighting the infections in our body. Now when you have some sort of infection in your body there are so called lymph nodes that get enlarged when infection is presented. In my opinion your knot under the chin is a lymph node that is caused by some sort of an infection. Do you have any problems with your teeth? Sometimes this can be caused by an allergic reaction as well. Do you know if you suffer from some kind of allergies as well? Talk to your parents if this continues to grow.
All the best,
Nelie