Hi. I've had a tongue ring for a little over a year now and it seems like ever since I got it pierced it has been swollen or hurting. Well a couple of days ago I noticed two extremely painful lumps under my chin. There are now three lumps. Almost like cists except way more painful. I can't even tilt my head back. I took my tongue ring out, but I'm wondering if it could be caused by my tongue ring? Or maybe from smoking although I quit about 3 wks ago. It's really freaking me out because I heard if the infection spreads to your brain you could die.

It sounds like your glands are swollen due to the infection from the tongue ring.
Do you or have you ran a fever since the piercing?
Swollen glands are the body's way of telling you something is infected. Keep the ring out of your tongue. You may need an antibiotic such as amoxicilian or penicilian. If you don't feel better in a few days i would call the Doctor.

No I haven't ran a fever at all since the piercing. In fact, since posting my question, I've found another lump on my chin this time. It starts out soft and painful but gets hard. But everything is swollen and it looks like I've gained a lot of weight but that's not the case. I also have bad teeth. I was thinking maybe it could be from that too. I will call the doctor soon though. Probably on Monday. Thank you for replying!

Hey did you ever figure out your problem because i am experiencing a similar problem