I am a 23 years old female, smoker, and not drinking, athletic, strong health. I have never been seriously ill and I usually catch a cold once a year. I have low blood pressure and I use Diane as an oral contraceptive for few months. I have a problem with lymph nodes. Just out of the blue I felt a slight pain in my armpit and I noticed that both my armpit lymph nodes are swollen and painful. It is about the size of a corn grain, less than 1 cm, they are not too much painful but if I touch hem they hurt and I can also feel the pain if I squeeze my arms against the body . The right one is slightly more swollen Can you tell me what caused this?

Hello, I‘ve been told that Lymph node enlargement of about 1cm in size is usually of no concern. It is normal for the lymph nodes to enlarge in the wake of infection. Tenderness in a lymph node may indicate infection, but since you have lymph nodes under both armpits, I would suggest that you get it checked out just in case. There are various
possible causes like: an immune response to infective agents (bacteria, virus, and fungus), inflammatory cells in infections involving the lymph node, infiltration of neoplastic cells carried to the node by lymphatic or blood circulation, localized neoplastic proliferation of lymphocytes …etc.

Last week I noticed my left armpit was very sore, like I had pulled a muscle. Then a day or two later i noticed two small swolen lymph nodes. They werent much bigger than a pea or M and M.

Then a few days later same thing happend to my right armpit. It started feeling sore then a day later noticed a swolen lymph node. I am planning on going to the doctor but wanted to get opinions on here first.

No other symptoms, no fevers, no chills, no night sweats....

The only other "symptom" i guess would be a minor ear ache and occassional headace??

What do you think?

I have swolen node under my arm pit since I do not even remember, it comes and goes, but in the last a couple of months it started worse. It is painful and I could feel something hard. I made a DR app. on 12-20-06 and I'm very scared. I'm sometimes thinking about the worst think in the word "cancer"

I am a middle-aged man and started having pains in my left armpit about a week ago. The pains radiated down the arm, through the muscle, to a point just about three and a half inches lower than the elbow on the upper side of the arm. Now I can't lift my left arm very well and my usage of my left arm is almost nill. I am just now beginning to have pains in the right armpit.

Can anybody tell me what you think is going on here? I don't know how to check for lymph nodes. I feel in there and don't feel anything abnormal like hard peas; but then again maybe I don't what I am doing when I check there.

In any event, can somebody tell me what they think may be going on here?

Thank you.

a lot of the time the lymph nodes really swell up because they are fighting an infection or something after you have cut yourself and have an infection or even after something has entered your body which needs to be destroyed! i do recommend that you go see the doctor though as soon as you feel them, just in case it could be something worse...

I got a shot yesterday in my right for the flu now my arm pit is killing me about a 9 on a 1- 10 scale

I'm having the same thing it is so painful I can't move my fingers...this is someone who just rolled my ankle and tore two ligaments and rolled it so hard it cracked a bone from the pressure and after I did this, I walked up stairs with my foot dislocating with every step I took. Just to get myself ice then I drove home. This is more painful then that I get shocks through my whole body sometimes.