I am a 22 year old male in good shape and no cancer in the history of my family.

Three days ago I woke up with my left armpit feeling really sore, but no sign of a swolen lymph node. It was almost like I pulled something in the middle of the night and the pain stayed the same for about two days.

Then last night before I went to bed I was looking again and found two very small, about 1cm, swolen lymph nodes. They are still tender and hurt when I touch them and can move around a little bit. They are not very hard either. The area around the swolen lymph nodes still remains sore like I pulled something as well.

I dont know if this is related at all or makes it more common, but when I was about 12 I had a swolen lymph node on my neck in which I recieved a shot and went down and never thought anything of it again.

I dont know what to make of this, should I be concerned? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Mark

I read somewhere that using a new deodorant can cause this as well, and about a month ago I had started using a new deodorant, could this be related?

The lymph nodes are under the skin not be be confused with rash like bumps.

Hey Mark,
I have had this happen to me as well. As much as I can tell, I believe it may be a hypersensitivity reaction to the deodorant/antiperspirant you use. This started happening to me when I switched products. For whatever reason (maybe we are applying too much also?) it gets absorbed into the skin and your immune system may recognize the chemicals as foreign and mount an immune response to it. As a result, the lymph nodes in the area (the axillary ones) swell because they are undergoing production of increased white blood cells (lymphocytes specifically) within. At least this is what I think it is. A couple of my friends have noticed the same. Try switching products and see if this persists. I would switch, but I perspire heavily and need this extra strength one which keeps me real clean. The reaction is the same type of process that happens when you get for example a viral infection like mono and get enlarged lymph nodes in the cervical (neck) region. It is really quite harmless, although can be rather annoying. It can even impede certain maneuvers when working out because it actually hurts that intensely, especially if doing chest exercises...how annoying...

Hi

I have notified this recently. Could you please let me know the solution of it?

Thanks

I just switched deodorant over to Axe Instinct one week ago, which is really strong and obnoxious. And yesterday I woke up with the exact same symptom as the original poster. I'm going to switch to someting softer and hope it goes away.

Hello I'm a 18 yo girl scared,

I not to long aqo got Molested and took 1 HIV and other std test and I was in good standing. I'm very scared because I was never a sickly girl and lately I have been not feeling too good. Swollen lymph node under my leftarmpit for a couple of months an is decresin in size but I have a swollen thoart and now feeling what could be swollen lymph nodes there. My b/f thiinks it's my tonsils because that is swollen but I have no pain. So this is where I'm stuck I have recently had one-sided severe headaches which have stop but I feel pain in left side of my lungs and sometimes by my heart and abdominal pain. I have put on weight and my b/f suggest weight gain but all my life I have struggle with weight and not one of these have ever happen. So I been serching the net an everything leads to cancer or HIV and i'm very scared if the only answer someone can give me is HIV I will have to get tested but if someone can ease my mind I would greatly appreciate it.

hi. not sure if anyone has replied to you yet, but I would like to reach out and give you some assurance that there are many minor things that can cause your symptoms. I think maybe by being as scared as you are, you may be a little hypersensitive to worsening of symptoms. I feel so sad for you that you went through something as terrible as what you have gone through. I really hope you find some peace and have a good support system in dealing with the wrong that has been done to you. The pain will subside with time. I know this from experience. Please try to see a doctor soon to give yourself some peace of mind. Sometimes there are viruses from the flu season that can cause your symptoms exactly. Good luck and take care.

I am a 39 year old woman who's gone through a life time of molestations and rapes. Since, forever. Not a ton of people, well not that I remember. My memory is really out of wack due to the severe abuse I've undergone my entire life. But I have all your symptoms. ALL of them. I've been so scared. I'm starting to feel like the government is offing us all, because we all have such similar symptoms all of a sudden. I have been ill since September. Swollen lymph nodes under my armpits, started in left, now it's in both. They aren't swollen always, it comes and goes. The pain is always there though, sharp shooting pains, or worse sometimes. I can't breathe. I have a dry cough. I have pain, starting in my left lung, now it's in both.

Sometimes I know what it will feel like to let my body go and die, it's so bad. My chest hurts, through my breasts, and in my ribs. I can feel my bone density. My lungs. My ribs. My breasts. Starting in my left, but now it's in both. It's like I have sharp shooting pain that starts in my back and goes through my breasts. Sore throat. Swollen lymph nodes. I'm now getting mental confusion and blurred vision. I don't think a doctor will help, and I don't have insurance. Oh, and this week. . . my hair started falling out! My scalp started itching, and when I run my fingers through my hair, my hair comes out, a lot. Oh, and I started growing the fine white hair on my face....tried to wax, tore all the skin off my upper lip. The sores won't heal. It's like I am dying.

what you're going through sounds awful.. I wanted to say that i have a few of the same symptoms. It started with pain in my left armpit and breast and chest wall.. Sharp shooting pain and dull nagging pain.. Then the lymph nodes in the left armpit started to swell, and throughout my left breast.. Even hurt when i would breathe .the pain would be in the upper left lung.. Really scared me.. Because those are symptoms of breast cancer. I'm only 27..and then i read about a breast cancer that is typically found in younger women and also overweight women, which i am. also i have been suffering from what i think is POTS postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Where when i stand up,i don't get enough blood to my brain and i almost pass out. i get so lightheaded. See black spots in my vision when i starts to get really bad..start sweating and my heart races..cannot breathe.. and it actually feels like I'm dying..floating away..which leads to panic attacks...it causes fatigue and i have to eat more salt and drink crazy amounts of water..its awful. but the lymph node thing really scared me because it usually means infection, virus, or . The type of breast cancer i brought up earlier is inflammation breast cancer and it grows in sheets not lumps and commonly attacks the lymph nodes.. So i freaked myself out.. But i tried to find other reasons this could be happening. days before i was wearing one of those elastic brass that are seamless..it was pretty tight and i read how brass are linked to breast cancer because they block your lymph nodes from doing what they do..blocks the fluids. So i left the bra off. Then i read how antiperspirant is bad and can cause the swelling and pain because of the aluminum and the build up can be to much to filter out. Even the crystal deodorants that say they are free of aluminum aren't! They are ammonium alum.alum stands for aluminum! Its just a different form.. So i took off the bra.took a shower and didn't put the antiperspirant back on and since i was home in bed mostly i didn't need it.and within 3 days or so it was gone..the pain, swelling, breast lumps.. Then i tried the antiperspirant again in a moment of weakness on a hot day and what do ya know, that night my left armpit lymph nodes were swollen again.. I would have just gone to the doctor to get the normal tests done but i lost my insurance recently and even though seeing my dr. is $100, i would pay that gladly for help, but i know the tests they would order and without insurance i cannot imagine.. So i haven't been. Trying to get medi-cal and then I'll go, but til then i just gotta deal with it and try to figure it out myself.. Hope my story helps somewhat.. Wish you all good health..

I am a dude. I have had pain and swelling in my lymph nodes of my left armpit, elbow and behind my left leg for almost a year now. When the pain on the left side subsides slightly I then can notice a small amount of pain in my right armpit lymph node. I also have had the foggy brain and memory loss. I contracted this through sexual intercourse. I felt like I had gonorhea the morning after unprotected vaginal sex with a woman. I tested neg for all of the common bacterial causes of std's, as well as neg for HIV at 4, 8 and 13 weeks. I did show that I had been exposed to Epstein Barr Virus (cause of mono and many lymphomas), which can cause the symptoms I have been suffering. I just had some blood work taken again. Problem is, lymphoma can be spreading in the lymphatic system and not show up in blood work. I need to have my lymph node sampled.

For God's sake...this is a reply to the sad incident about the girl who got molested. If you were tested and everything came back normal, don't worry, it could be a variety of things going on and not necessarily something so bad. The first thing is to think positive and that things will become better, if you can, try to get some counseling, it helps.

Anxiety could be causing you to have all those symptoms, remember that you just had a distressful, traumatic experience. Make sure you follow up with a MEDICAL DOCTOR, and please don't listen to people that you know they are in need of psychiatric help. Good luck.

For everyone who is concerned... TRY eliminating gluten.  1/4 people has a gluten allergy but it is hard to test for and all of your symptoms can be because of this allergy.  If you feel better in a few weeks... you figured it out. Good luck! 

Hi, See here, and do as I tell you. I have had the same problem, but worry not. I tried some of that Chocolate-smelling Axe? That is no good. Especially if your underarms aren't used to it. I used to never even spray on cologne of any sort. So, if it's reacting badly, AND THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU, knock it off! Now, if the problem persists, bite the bullet and have some blood drawn at the local free clinic. Whatever you do, don't effin panic. That'll throw you into some other problems, as stress is its own nightmare. Deep breaths, my friend. We'll all get through this, and just take the time to thank God that we still have use of our legs and arms; eyeballs and lungs. Life is a c**p-shoot. If you can c**p, you can shoot.

Even though this is old, I just wanna say that a lot of deodorants have nasty chemicals in them that cause these problems. I used to get hard lumps in my armpits when using AXE and other " popular" deodorants. I believe it is because of the chemical "aluminum" that they put in it....

These companies don't care about your health and in fact, we are undergoing a slow depopulation agenda. Not just through deodorants, but everything in life together causing us to become sick with many things.

I suggest finding a natural deodorant with no aluminum, and no other chemicals.

Now if I wanna smell strong, I apply cologone or AXE on my shirt, as long as it doesn't stain it, and I use a natural deodorant for my pits

This same thing happens to me if I use any kind of spray on deodorant. It took me a few times of this happening to realize the correlation. I can use any type of stick deodorant without a problem. Idk why this is the case. I am curious if anyone has an answer to my conundrum.