I have a lump on my neck, so I went to see a doctor about it. The biopsy indicates it is a lipoma. What causes lipoma? Should I be worried, because it got big when I had an ear infection? I'm not worried about it just wondering where I could find more information.

A lipoma is a benign tumor of fatty tissue. That means a non-cancerous lump of fat cells and do not become cancerous over time. They may occur anywhere on the body. lipomas are usually located on the chest, upper thighs and arms, neck, and shoulders. The cause of lipomas is unclear, but some possibilities include having had a minor injury at the site where the lipoma will develop, heredity, and chromosomal abnormalities. A lipoma is not causing any discomfort, such as tenderness, irritation, pain, or infection, no treatment is necessary, but some people who have multiple lipomas, a large lipoma, or a lipoma that is situated close to a muscle, limiting movement, may consider having them surgically removed.

I have a lipoma on my right arm on the spot were I was vacinated it is very large in size I have been having alot of pain there that seems to be pressing on the muscle next to it should I have it looked at.

I just had one taken out under my arm 2 days ago. It was causing me pain and was in the center of my arm pit . I havenot had any problem with it. I was cut about 5 inchs to get it out.