Yes, I know that lipomas are not dangerous. Mine don't get infected or hurt, etc, either. Why do I want them removed? Simple. Because they ruin my looks and my self confidence. My family doctor just said "there is no need to remove the lipomas". Where can I go and be treated seriously and have my two big bumps, in a prominent place on my forehead, excised? A plastic surgeon is the right place to go? Or a dermatologist?

Anything I need to know about lipoma removal before I contact someone regarding the removal?

Thanks in advance. 

Celebrity

Hey,

Sorry to be blunt, but the doctor who told you there is no reason to get your lipomas removed is a j@rk. If they are making you unhappy, well, let's just say that people get tummy tucks and nose jobs and all manner of treatments on perfectly normal body parts all the time just because they are unhappy with them, and lipomas should really be no different!

I think you can get it done under local anesthesia. The doctor just makes an incision and removes the lipoma. A scar may be left, but you can use scar creams to prevent that and follow up with laser therapy if needed. 

Rosie

The thing about lipoma on the forehead is that removing it tends to leave visible scars when it is done in the traditional manner, which means just making a cut where the lipoma is located and then taking it out. One way this can be avoided is to make the cut at the hairline instead. This means the lipoma can still be accessed from there. It is a longer reach down but the scar will not be in a visible place. If I were you I would ask for this for esthetical reasons. In either case the recovery time is very short and there is little chance of complications.

Are you sure that the bumps on your forehead are in fact lipomas? Was this properly diagnosed? One thing to know is that where a lipoma appears on the forehead, it is often caused by trauma/injury, and when an incision is made to remove it, it is likely not to be as fully encapsulated in a sac as lipoma occurrences on other parts of the body. The lipoma then comes out in parts. You do need someone skilled in this, who cares about the cosmetic outcome as much as you do, to remove your lipoma if that is what it is. For this reason I would choose a plastic surgeon.

I have befriended one of my elderly neighbors and he has two lipomas, one on his forehead like you and one on his neck. And although he is quite elderly he is also quite vain as well. He decided to get them removed for now. He had them looked at and he doesn't like the idea of his skin being cut open or that he would just get a scar instead of a bump, which noticeable so much at the moment.

But, you can get them removed and it is not such an invasive procedure. I think if he had them removed he would only need a couple of stitches afterwards. If I had lipomas I would get them removed because it does not look all that great.

My lipoma removal cost over $1000 but it was absolutely worth it. Mine was also on the forehead. Because the incision was made higher up, there is no scarring visible on my forehead and recovery was very easy as well. My only regret about lipoma removal is that I did not have it done a lot quicker than I did.

Anything on the face can be very disfiguring and a blow to your confidence and even affects employment, dating and so on. Why continue suffering when you can have your lipomas removed easily?