Hi, my friend was hospitalized last week and doctors told him that he is suffering from psychotic disorder. Also they have told him that psychosis may be caused by some substances which he takes. They have asked him if he is drug abuser. I would like to know something more about this kind of psychotic disorder which is caused by different substances.

Hi, I have similar psychotic disorder several years ago and there were several substances accused for my mental injury. As I don’t enjoy any drugs this option was written off. I have told to the doctor that I worked with organophosphate insecticides on my job and they make up conclusion that this substance may cause such problem.
I have hallucinations which were confirmed on my first examination when I get to the hospital too.
Also it has to be very carefully and not accuse some substance for psychotic disorder which is not caused by it.