Hi. I am a 23 year old male who has been suffering from an odd condition for the past three years. I have been experiencing a foul and pungent odor from my groin and scrotum area despite being a very hygienic individual. I take showers everyday, never wear the same underwear, and clean under my foreskin everyday as well. I do not smoke and drink sparingly. I am physically active and stand at 5'11" weighing 195 lbs. I have gone to my family doctor and have had a number of tests performed and I have no yeast infection. I have tried standard over the counter antifungal and nothing has worked. There is no visible sign of a rash and I am not experiencing any itching. I REALLY NEED HELP. I am a virgin as well. No one wants to be around me and the odor is so bad it returns within 10 minutes of having had a shower.

i had the same problem ,and the best thing to use is anti bacterial soap,and go see a dermatologist.

If it's not a fungus or yeast infection, then I'm not sure. I would say it may be some weird, uncommon type of jock itch, but you said you already tried an antifungal, and that didn't work (jock itch is a fungus). The only thing I can think of to suggest is it having something to do with sweat and your apocrine sweat glands. Try dusting your penis and scrotum with talc powder of some type right after showering, and keep it "dusted up" as the day goes on, and see if that helps. Hope that works, or that you find some solution!

I went to a dermatologist in the past. The guy was such an as****e and claimed to not be able to smell anything. Not only did it sound like she had clogged nostrils, he even admitted he wasn't the best judge. No tests were performed and he simply rushed me out of the office. Since I first posted this I've gotten over a lot of the anxiety even though the smell is still there. I'm going to try bathing with Epsom salt and baking soda. Hope it works. I will also be seeing an endocrinologist soon. I hope I can get some answers. Thanks for the reply guys.

Plz refer to the reply stated on 7/12/13 @4:14pm .https://www.steadyhealth.com/itching_and_foul_smell_from_scrotum_and_groin_area__pls_repl_t159557.html