Hi. I'm 17 and i'm a former drug user.
I smoked marijuana a couple of times in my life starting from the time when I was 15. I guess you could say i've only smoked it 15 times in my life or so, and have only experienced a 'stoned' about 4 times. I enjoyed each high or stoned, as you may call it, and could personally say that it changed my point of views on life drastically, even though I only intaked it a few times.

Anyway, one day I smoked a drug called 'Salvia Divinorum' around 2 PM It is a psychedelic drug, and a hallucinogetic drug as well. I can honestly say that while I was on this drug, I didn't exactly hallucinate nor feel high.
The next day I took a penicillin pill at around 6 PM (to kill bacteria inside my body - this was prescribed by a doctor)

At around 3 AM that day I started feeling weird - I couldn't breathe nor swallow, and felt something wrong within my self and just didn't feel normal. I ended up having my first anxiety attack around 9 AM, and have been suffering anxiety attacks ever since. They are not fun at all, and make you go crazy. I felt like I was going to die each time they occured. I also thought I was never going to be normal again.

From experience, has anyone ever gone through something like this? Does anybody know if the salvia and penicillin could have mixed together and affectect my brain permanently or temporary?
Please respond to this if you can, any opinions or thoughts will help.

I smoke 5 grams + weed a day and eat brownies etc, with penicillin, been on many things, it was the salvia dude trust me lol

Most likely you had a latent anxiety disorder that had not surfaced before. When you take Hallucinogetic drugs, you HAVE to make sure you don't have any latent psychological disorders because the drugs will wake them up. Normally if you don't smoke too much weed and lay off Salvia, shrooms or Mescaline completely, you should go back to normal. Talk to a doctor or a psychiatrist for some treatment as well.

hi .. my name is benjamin im a pot smoker and i smoke a lot I MEAN A LOT.. i smoke anywhere beteween 1 an 3 oz's a day. well new years passed and i wanted to be the highest ive ever been so i got a pound than me an allen sat down an smoked it all. its been a few days and i cant hold down food i cant drink anything an my temp is 104.1 ive herd that pot is good for people in pain but im thinken that it is the cause of mine. i really dont wanna quit smoken but i need to know is the pot the prolblem????

oh ... an if it helps ive been smoken this way for 14 years now an im only 26.

Houston hard hitters.........ben

I had read this post last night when I was trying to see if it was ok for me to smoke weed after getting my wisdom teeth out. I had gotten them out 5 days earlier and was concerned about smoking because I didn't want to get dry socket. I was also concerned about mixing weed with penicillin. But apart from this thread, there was nothing saying that it was a bad idea.

Most things I read said that it was the suction that was the problem with smoking and some sources said you can smoke after 48 hours. Others said 5 days. I thought it should be ok, but I wanted to be careful. We decided that the best way to do it was to pack a bong, then have my boyfriend pull the cone, and stop when the chamber was full of smoke, then we let go of the shottie and I gently inhaled the chamber smoke. I also had it unspun to minimise the number of chemicals. Straight after, I rinsed my mouth with salt water.

This worked really well, except 10 minutes after, I absolutely flipped out. I have probably been smoking for 10 years now. Reasonably regularly (a few times a week in recent years) and I haven't experienced anything like this since I was 16. I was having massive anxiety. Was totally convinced I was going to die. Was also convinced my boyfriend was going to throw me off the balcony when he kept taking me out for fresh air. Basically, I was freaking out and shaking for ages. It was a very, very bad night.

I don't think it was laced with anything. My boyfriend had it and he was totally fine. I also don't really think it was the penicillin. I suspect that it was the fact that I had a bigger cone than usual (we thought my boyfriend was going to get most of the smoke - but this didn't end up happening) and it was unspun so there was a lot more in there. Also, when I gently inhaled it, I breathed in much deeper than I do when I pull a cone, so it just ripped through my lungs and made me cough.

So, I think the method, was a success in terms of administering the weed without stuffing up your wisdom teeth, but I had WAY too much. If you are going to attempt this, be very careful with the amount you take.

what you were suffering from is depersonalization which was triggered by the hallucinogen you were taking.

yo man . I used to smoke weed , take pills acid , did salvia a few times .
Done allsortsa drugs . I ended up with anxiety attacks and a paranoia problem . Anxiety from pills and paranoia from too muh ganja . Anways , trust , after a whioe you get used to it .. I would say you should change what you do with your life cos im not God , but seriously , dont mix drugs with penicillin . Anyway , sice then i only smoke weed . I love buhda .

I have the same problem. well i have smoke saliva but thats not it. The weed is making you parnoid and then your anxiety attacks start becuase your body is in a state of fear and i know it sucks a lot to have this attack. I am at the point that i am always worring and thinking im going to die whenever i see a flash or a loud noise

I had strep throat and i had pencillion as well and the one i took it and about hour later my friend came over and we smoked bongs in my car chillin in the driveway. i smoke all the time i have no problem with it, its awesome but this time after a first tiny tiny hit i realized that it was hard breathing and i started having aniexy attack felt like i was going to die, it might not happen to some ppl but i know for sure it happened to me i tried it again later on after it was my worst trip and the second time i went into smoking knowin what was going to happen and just enjoy the trip, and yes pencillion fu cks up ur trip you just need to realize its ok and enjoy the trip

same experience as autumn.
I am 26. I have been a heavy weed smoker since the age of 15 until I tried salvia a few months ago. I had some kind of overdose on 10x extract that blew my mind (too hard to explain). Ever since that experiment, I cannot smoke weed because I enter very intense anxiety attacks, some kind of existential claustrophobia mixed with what seems as universal consciousness.
The fatalistic aspect of this perceived lucidity made me think I was doomed to end up crazy or kill myself. I will never enjoy life as I used to.
I cannot smoke weed anymore tho I miss it, but I am too afraid of those panic attacks. I have been reading even more philosophy and metaphysic books to try to make sense of what I discovered. Psychiatry may call it depersonalization but to me, I discovered something about myself and the nature of existence and my life will never be the same.

Look up Generalized anxiety disorder. If it's not an anxiety disorder, then the weed is making you paranoid, which makes you anxious and then BAM anxiety attack

Hi, greetings from abroad.

As we speak I´m lying on my couch with a 39,4 degree celsius fever. I have really nasty flue. But right now Im eating thaifood and watching star wars. And feeling relaxed and quite comfortable.
Almost everytime I´m sick I smoke some good quality Hash like "Bright Kashmir", so I don´t have to smoke so much while Im sick. If my lungs are sick I drink it in a tee, hot coco, or bake a cake.
Especially if I have the flue with a high fever and so on, I use cannabis. It really works a lot better than paracetamol, ibuprofen, profen and ibumetin for me. And it even gives me "the munchies" :-) which is a good thing when you´re sick, ´cause normally when youre sick you dont really think about eating anything, and you usually eat to little; not good.
And taking the pills for a longer period as well makes my stomach really bad, I fart all the time, and I get cramps in my stomach, and some times even Diarréa.
I would recommend Cannabis to anyone with a lack of appetite due to nauseousness, fever, and so on. But dont smoke to much at a time. Know your boundries :-) And it doesnt matter i you´re on penicilin except if you´re allergic to penicilin.

Hey..ok I screwed my self up too.. But on vicadin. I could swallow the pill fine and smoke weed wit no problems. But one day I crushed up the pill and snorted it it's been about 3 years and I'm finally recovering from that..I've spent a long time trying to figure out what happened and I know now..and may be the same for other drugs. When I snorted it it was like an instant hard core buzz and I tripped out in a matter of seconds..my first panic attack.. Years down the road I reallized that I had gotten hooked on it and I had withdrawel symtoms and that's wut kicked off my anxiety..for any one that has axiety here are some quick helpfull things you can do during an attack..drink ice water.. Cold milk..sit down and put your head between ur knees cuz I found that rushing blood to ur head head helped. Ok but the most IMPORTANT thing u need to realize is NOTHING is physicly wrong with you. It's just an emotion nothing more. And u can ONLY get anxious if ur feeling sad angry or depressed so force your self to laugh and enjoy life. It is impossibe for your mind to mix anxiety and being "happy"

I don't know if you'll ever come back and read this, but what you've experienced appears to be very common among people of a higher (I don't know what to really call this cause people will take offense, but 'Smartitude?' lol, anyway. They experience a thought process that is actually a psychedelic representation of entering a depression.

I realize this may be hard to understand, because everything I'm saying will have a different effect on you than I want it to, but I recently just exited a depression involving the EXACT same scenario as described above.

I really hope you dont live in this psychedelic depression(Utopia) for too long, as you can seriou sly f**k up your life, Thankfully mine only lasted 3 years and I've finally realized wtf has happened at my age. I'm 19 and I still have a chance with my life, knowing that I am smart and have the ability to go to school and that realization of the world is not a good thing, its a terrible depressing realization that you should never even think about.

I know I won't be entirely able to recover from this depression, but through a good mushroom trip, I was able to wake up from this nightmare and realize what the world must be about.

Im sure this is like blabbering to a ton of people... But I wish you luck on your life man

smokin up and takin penicillin f**ks with your head, like the other guy and bagelfish said, it makes you feel like you have anxiety and you freak out. It just happened to me, i have strep throat so i just took my penicillin pill before the night and went out and smoked a bowl, came in and everything was normal no problem, then i got up to go to bed and then bam everything seemed really loud and i thought i was being loud but then realized i wasnt and sound amplified and i just thought i was gonna die and then i was shaking but eventually fell asleep, so i dont recommend you do it, it was a shitty experience