After smoking weed around 2 months ago i had a traumatic panic attack that has taken a toll on how i view my life like im in a dream world and everything doesn't seem to be real at times (im 20 years old male not a smoker and ive only ever done weed once before and it made me sleepy) the night it happened i smoked two joints in a very short amount of time which i guess was too much for me, so the effect its had on the first month was blurry vision and i felt very light headed all the time and i would constantly have bad thoughts about wanting to hurt people which caused my heart to beat uncontrollably making me have bad anxiety or panic attacks. On the second month all the other effects have gone apart from the bad thoughts only now i sometimes get extremely bad head-aches like someone's put a vice tightening it around my head, also not all the time but some days thinking about how my life is so meaningless and repetitive, i did have suicide thoughts because its alot to handle it`s just got to the point where i keep thinking about it not being able to distract my mind i really want some help or advice to make me feel normal like i did before i stupidly smoked marijuana

Hi there, iom having the same problems. Ever since going back to school, i have had the same symptoms as you. 

How to cope: Breathe. Realize that its all in your head. Tell someone and get help.

I know this doesn't sound good but i've had this for 8 months. It does get better but the anxiety is still there daily. Get help from a professional, as i plan to do as well.

they must of laced your weed with something else

I started smoking marijuana really young. I was 12, and smoked until I was 14 with no problems, and then quit for a year when I moved to the next town over and had to make new friends, then my sister came and visited me when I was 15 and I smoked with her, first night I was totally fine, then the next day her boyfriend came over and we all 3 smoked and I had a terrible panic attack. Ever since that day I've been overcome with terrible anxiety and depression, and I'm 17 now.

I'm paranoid, constantly suspicious of people I trust completely. Me and my mom fight for hours on end. Me and my boyfriend bicker because I can't let things go because they just eat at me. I freak out over the thought of death. I seriously always feel like something terrible is going to happen any second. Like right now, it's 3 in the morning, can't sleep because I feel like I'm dying, heart is racing and my head is light. It's 2012 and I don't believe any sh*t about the world ending, and I tell people constantly the facts and reasons why it won't happen, but then when I'm just at home I get this feeling the world is about to end around me at any second. It's ruining my life.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and for the past 2 things have been bad because of me, I mean he's understanding but he's eventually going to get tired of me flipping out every time something small happens. I wake him up in the middle of the night because I need him to reassure me he still loves me. I don't want him to get sick of it and move out because I'm going crazy because I can't deal with myself. I can't even deal with him saying hello to another female because I'm afraid she's more beautiful than me and he sees it.

I can't even exercise because my heart rate going up scares the c**p out of me. I just don't know what to do. I can't go to the doctor alone around here because I need my parents and my mom doesn't believe I have anxiety attacks. Does anyone on here know ways to help without medication?

I need help, I am so in love with my boyfriend, and I love my mom with all my heart, but I am ruining so many things around me. Actually I might not be and I might just be paranoid, I know these people love me, but I feel hated by everyone. I have a ton of friends but feel so alone. I am so sad all of the time. I make excuses all the time to take showers just so I can cry. I thought marijuana was safe, but maybe I had this all along and it just brought it out in me. I miss being a happy kid who wasn't too scared to do something stupid and get in trouble just because.. Just please someone give me some sort of advice.

Acahlly all you people just think you have it but youdon't you can't blame marijuana at all the problems have always been there you just smoked weed and it relaxeyou aNd now that your off it it made you really realize your life problems. I have smoked for almost 5years now I'm almost 18 I don't have these issues or anything like that the headache is rather from coming down then anything sorry that you want to blame your life problems on marijuana but it's not going to work.. New excuse please

I'm not using marijuana as an excuse, all I said was the problem started after smoking, I know I probably had anxiety issues before, but either way, smoking arose the problem, and I'm wondering why it does this to certain people. You probably don't have the same issue because you've got no anxiety issue present. So don't be rude because someone is concerned as to why something they've used before can suddenly be different than any other time, and have a completely different effect. It was a concern, and marijuana is not the source of my problems, but it had a factor in giving me an anxiety attack. You're very rude.

Marijuana has effects on the circulatory system. It can increase heart rate and raise blood pressure. Similar to nicotine. Though I am not sure it is technically a stimulant. So it is very likely that too much marijuana could be causing you problems. Exercise would be a good thing and when you cut back on the marijuana and stop smoking if you do smoke give exercising a try again.