Hi, I'm a 20 year old male. I starting smoking weed soon after I graduated high school, and this continued for two years straight. I smoked daily, and some days I would only smoke a joint but others I would get together with a group of friends and smoke 6 or 7 blunts. A friend and I got blunt of serious effing dank one day, and we smoked it just the two of us. Everything was fine and we were chatting it up as usual, and suddenly I started to have a anxiety attack. Now, I had experienced anxiety attacks from marijuana before, but nothing severe. In fact, I think it was just general anxiety that was elevated from the marijuana. This attack was awful; I had never felt this way before and I was terrified. I came down finally after about 6 hours, and decided to call it quits on my marijuana smoking. It's now been 4 weeks and I am suffering from panic attacks almost daily. They are progressively getting less and less intense. It seems though that whenever I drink alcohol they are more severe the following day. I am also suffering from irritability, difficulty falling asleep, occasional dizziness, headaches and heightened anxiety in general. I have a lot of stress in my life from working 40 hours weekly, being a full-time student, and my girlfriend. Are these symptoms associated with marijuana withdrawals, or am I dealing with something different? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi: You are not alone with what has happened to you! On here over the last couple of weeks, there has been others like you that have smoked something then become TOTALLY over the top with it!

When I was 15 someone laced my drink with Angel Dust/PCB! I was OUT OF MY MIND!!! It took weeks for the paranoia, flashes, slow words, seeing everything concave etc to pass! So I think what you smoked had NOTHING to do with your regular joints! I think it was laced with something!

My son and a boy we were going to adopt, overdosed on what they "thought" were just valium pills! They took them - along with 2 of their friends - and ALL 4 of them ended up in hospital hooked up to IV's! The hospital did several tests on their blood and could NOT find out what the hell they had taken! The police that came to our house AFTER the ambulance guys called for back up - due to the boys being OUT of their minds!!! Told us that drug dealers and the big time gangs, know that kids are savier about drugs. So they tricke them into taking c**p drugs - such as Crack, Meth, Herroine, etc.

Just keep drinking as much liquids - other than alcohol - as you can!! To get this c**p out of your body! What happens with these types of drugs is that they are processed by your liver and kidneys etc, then the residual drug is stored in your fat cells! and the metabolized. So it will take a couple of weeks to get out of your system, but try your best to help your body out! The herbs Milk Thistle and Dandelion - you can get those at any pharmacy or health foord stores - WILL help your liver get rid of the toxins! So FLUSH as much as possible OK? Good luck and health honey!

Thanks for your response. I can't remember when the last time I got more than 5 hours sleep. I think that in itself is beginning to take a toll on my body, along with the immediate decision to stop smoking marijuana and elevated stress in my life. Last night I went to a party and felt fine the entire night and stayed up talking with friends until 5 this morning. I woke up at 9 and we left to return home, which was an hour trip. During this ride home I had a really intense anxiety attack. Luckily my friends were helpful in calming me down. I got home and starting to think that I was going crazy. I don't know if that attack is a result of marijuana withdrawal, the alcohol consumption, or lack of sleep. Maybe all three, who knows. I just need to start taking better care of my body. Getting an adequate amount of sleep every night would definitely be a good idea and could help me get back on the right track again.

I turly believe honey, that you smoked something REALLY BAD!!!! Thus the lack of sleep! I think I looked like this o.O for weeks!!! Due to the fact I could hear my heart beating out of my chest, spiders crawling out of my skin, voices being afraid to be alone and in the dark etc. etc. If you take a look at the top of the screen there is a Search button, when you click on there, you can search for people or subjects. Put my moniker in there bambi27 and then you will see the people I have been "supporting" if you scroll down you will come to another post by a young guy who had/has the EXACT same reactions and symptoms! There IS something going on here honey, and you just - like you said - have to take better care of yourself and I think you have realized it's time to listen to your body right? If you are having a hard time - and believe me it WILL get better each day - have a friend stay with you etc. I had to sleep on the couch with the light on! So remember to just keep drinking LOTS of water and flush out your kidneys and liver! You might even have a strange odor with your urine! this is the drug that has been metabolized coming out in your urine! For the next week or so, please just get as much rest and RELAXATION as possible and help out your body OK? It's working hard for your right now, trying to get rid of this c**p, and you need to help it with that! So staying up till morning and sleeping here or there etc, isn't helping it! Check your tongue out too, if it is whiteish - like a coating - that is your body working really hard and this is a good thing!

Please let me know how you are each day OK? And If you smoke DON'T! Just be healthy for a bit - you WILL see the benefits of this soon enough! Good luck honey!

thats right!! each day it gets better!! but how long till it goes away! ive posted a few things on here havent had any responses yet hopefully will soon! i feeel like im going pretty crazy too. i want the anxiety to go away! i feel its takin over me!! someone please help

The more you can help get this c**p out of your body the sooner you will get back to normal! You HAVE to help your liver!!! This is where all the toxins go through! And they can stay in there for a long time! Exercise as much as possible - especially something like swimming in a salted pool! This causes osmosis! You need to replenish lost fluids, and keep drinking it all out!!! Eat as healthy as possible! Salads, Veg, protein etc.! Start learning how to recognize symptoms of being overwhelmed, then when you start feeling like that, just lay down, listen to some soothing music etc. All this c**p!!! in your system is GLOBAL!! Which means EVERY cell in your body, EVERY organ etc, is dealing with it! Your brain right out to your skin! Your brain is SO wired right now, it CANNOT take anymore stimuli! So don't drink caffeine, don't play video games, don't listen to hard music or anything with a heavy bass! As this has been shown to break down internal organs - such as kidneys and liver! Take it GOOD to get out the BAD! You have just put your ENTIRE body through hell! Now you need to bring it back and take care of it for awhile - because it is working DAMN hard for you right now!!! So NO stimulating OK? Keep your heart rate low, your mind low etc.! It WILL pass - I think with my Angel Dust - it took about 6 weeks, but I still had flash backs, I would be sitting there talking to someone all of a sudden they would be talking slow and they looked like they were in a drug store mirror = the ones that are concave and make your face look stretched!!! o.O I VOWED never to do that to my body again - even though it was against my will! So just hang tight OK? It WILL pass!

For the last two days I've gotten about 10 hours of sleep both nights and have been drinking tons (not literally) of water, and I feel better. I'm not completely cured but I do feel better in comparison to the weeks prior to today. I hope this trend continues.

yeah today has been my best day! DAY 8! i hope the this also continues! i dont know why but im getting sleep. its hard to get to sleep, but when i do get to sleep its hard to get me up! that is because of the xanex which i have not taken today!!! :-) trying not too! im just busy surfing the net! going to take my GED test and then off to college in oct. to be an MA. i pray i make it that long!! IM addicted to herbal tea lol!!! right now im having the biggest urge to just smoke a freaking bowl of the finest cush i can find!!! anything!! errrrrrr FREAKIN BRAIN

dont do it ... all my buddies smoke and i actually have some of the finest kush sitting in my garage right now for a friend adn would never smoke that sh*t again!!! KUSH is like crack is so powerful! keep with it eventually you'll be so much happier im on 2 months and 3 weeks and am feeeeling soooooo goood, my friends have to smoke so much to feel the way i do naturally YOU CAN DO IT

B OUT

oh im not going too.....yet! ive gotten this far. i dont want to do it all over agian. i dont think i could! i would prob go insane(reapeating tha same thing over and over agian expeting diff results lmao).

i just keep asking myself; Why did i have to run out, this would not have happened if i didnt run out! i would be the same ol me! not this confused anxiuos person that i dont like right now(tyring to get use to it). how did they put it in rehab. "Clean and Sober" , Im doin the clean part now its living sober that im trying to deal with. Thats a whole lifetime(without pot i might add). i dont know if i can do it. i have this love for pot so much. i put the sh*t on a pedistal. i thought i was good today now im just letting my brain think to much. i just want that one bowl to chill me out and relax me.

i know i cant though. for my kids and myself. but now i feel like i was a better person on it. i dont know anymore. im at the point where i wanna just try and see what happens. im scared of the anxiety attack though. maybe if i just smoked some shwag it would be fine.

i watch intervention every monday and get so disappointed at the end when you see that ppl relapse of whatever i dont wanna be that person

im just so confused! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( ! ! ! ! !

LOL you know for reading your posts I can tell your doing better that I was when I first quit. It felt like my legs were gonna fall off and i had to feel that way during a huge diner with friends and family. You think weed was chilling you out and you were a better person on it..........not Peeople who smoke feel cigereter relieve there stress.........not I think you have forgoten what its like to feeel alive, to feel free, smoking anything is a big trap, and you revolve your life around it like it or not gootta smoke that J. Take 6 months off and I garuntee you will look back and try to find me to thanks me for getting the sense of freedom and to feel happines from the simplest of things like one of you kids smiling. Woould you want your kids to smoke no, i dont even know you and i dont think you should smoke, some people cam smoke allot quit and be fine im not one of those people and i dont thing you are either! I believe everything happend for a reason and you ran out to realize how much this sh*t has been holding you back, you could have such amazing things lye ahead of you if you quit this and move on thing that might never happen if you continue to smoke your life away.... I dont judge those who smoke im not a hipocrite and if you can manage your life and smoke here and there that kudos but i know my life and where i want it to head and its not in a smoking direction ive BEEN THERE DONE THAT

B

nope not one of those ppl either! i thank you now for all the support. wish i had friends like you around here. im not gonna smoke even though i really want to! like i said i cant do this again! NO i never want my kidds to smoke and once im done i dont want them to know i ever did!!!! yeah im doin better. .. ive lost about ten pounds already due to the throwing up, which stopped yesterday finally. again thanks and if i get the urge agina hopefully someone will be here to talk it away!!! again!!

everyone keeps telling me that was a sign to show me how bad off i was! and i was pretty bad. not like i was on the valium but pretty bad. im goin to get a neew truck tomorrow since im gonna have five hundred extra dollars lying around every month. then i wont have that money to spend on the pot.

yeah sober feels weird, not use to it! i get these spurts of energy then i go back into not wanting to do anything and getting nauseses and anxious and just gross i hate it!!

again thank you thank you thank you. im gonna get off here for a bit and try to sleep.....which more than likely wont happen till about two maybe three...so ill be back on before bed:)

Hey guys! I was addicted to opiates for years!!! I would take 12 - 16 Percocet a day and about 4 - 8 Percodan! PLUS other drugs to counter these pills! I would take about 30 pills a day!! I was SO hooked I actually became Opiate Toxic! My skin would burn, my eyes were blood read, I had to wear full clothing and sunglasses, I couldn't bathe, or go near the sun! My hair fell out and my body was covered in boils and moles!! My immune system had completely broken down!!! When I was told that I was addicted and had to come off them I told the professionals that I would do ANYTHING!! And that they can't take away my LIFE!!!!! I am a middleaged housewife married, two teenage boys, house etc, and I didn't care if I ended up on the streets, NO one was going to take these away from me! I got an EXCELLENT doctor who slowly weaned me off these drugs - he even gave me a Fentanyl Patch - used for people with Terminal Cancer - and that was like water for me! He thought I might die of a heart attack - due to the VAST amount of narcotic/herroine I was ingesting!! So after 6 months I was down to my last pill! I cried like a baby actually it was half a pill! Do you know where it is right now? It's in my purse in a little bag! You know why? It is my TRUTH! It is my TALISMAN! It is my TROPHY for making it alive! I will NEVER take it, and I will never throw it away! Because it shows me what I survived! So congratulate yourselves, and know it will get easier and easier! And eventually you will look back on this and think - "Holy .... What was I thinking!!" Life is waiting so go and get it! Because for the last several years, life has been passing you buy while you were too stoned to notice!!!

I cannot tell you how proud I am of complete strangers that kick the habit! I didn't understand addiction till I was IN IT!!! Actually it was the movie Ray - about Ray Charles - that showed me I was an addict - even though all my friends and family knew it for months!! I started having the shakes and I looked up at the screen and there was this guy "Ray" shaking on screen! And I was like "Holy S... I think I'm an addict!!!" I leant over to my girlfriend and said "I think I have a problem!" She nodded and then I found out everyone was talking about me - with emails and phonecalls - about how to deal with me! So I GET you guys! And I also know that you CAN do it! So good luck, health and sobriety!

Bambi you are my hero!!!! :-) did you get panic attacks and if so are they gone

B