I have been a heavy pot smoker since I was 20 (I am 34). Two weeks ago i smoked a little and became anxious. I decided that at that moment i was done smoking pot because i hated the way it made me feel. Since that moment I have had intense anxiety that I cannot get rid of. My appetite is completely gone and i feel light headed all the time. What the heck is going on with me? Can it be possible that I am having withdrawals from smoking marijuana for so long to cutting it out cold turkey? My life is not on hold or anything because I can still goto work etc, but i feel anxious and just not like myself. I have always been a well rounded guy and have never experienced feelings like this before.

Please help me and share your experiences

Lucky for you that you can still function and go to work, when I had the withdrawals I stayed home for a while, my anxiety was off the roof, I would have the attacks everyday, sorry to scare you, it eventually goes away, just try to move on and not dwell on it, exercise really helped me, I also apperantly had deppression which goes hand in hand with anxiety, and my body would really ache to, that's where the exercise helped, as you can see on here a lot of people even took antidepressands, I did not, so it took me like half a year to feel compleatly normal. I do not mean to scare you, it is also diffarant for all people, and the main thing to keep in mind is that this does go away, good luck!

Thanks so much for your information. It really does help and I agree that exercise certainly helps. I was wondering when your appetite came back? For me, it has been two weeks and my appetite is not back but I do force myself to eat because i know i need energy.....i do feel that once my appetite comes back i will feel a lot better because i love to cook and eat.

My anxiety seems to be about a 7 on a scale of 1 - 10, but it was really bad last week so hopefully i am starting to get better. I do not feel sad or anything so i do not think i am depressed....The only think that scares me is the awful thoughts I have when i am anxious (hurting myself and friends etc...) but I know they are just thoughts and are not dangerous which I have analyzed with a therapist and she agrees that it is all related to my anxiety and that it will eventually go away. How long was your anxiety considered "bad" and when did you have the realization that you felt better?

Off to the gym!

I think my appetite came back in about 3-4 weeks, however, i remember making my self eat like a homemade chiken soup, it was hard for me to even do that, however I think i would feel better after, I lost like 10 pounds at that time. In general I felt better in about a 2 month, ( agai it's just me may be you will not have it as bad), still had occational anxiety after. My anxiety was more of panic attacks then just anxiety, then it went to anxiety with no attacks, and then anxiety got better, however I still suffer from acid reflux, that i also got at that time

i know how u feel i had the same thing happen to me i was fine on the smoke i used to smoke it regularly but 1 day i only had about 2 chuffs and for some reason i felt really strange out of place it was so instant i felt as if i was getting uncoftably warm and finking to myself that i was going to die for some reason and had to get of and walk around.

A few days later i relized that i couldent sleep atall and every time i wanted to go to sleep i felt strange about doing so cause every time i tryed i was scared for some strange reason cause i would often hear a voice repeting over in my head it isent the fact that im going skitzo its just that i was going to sleep in the wrong frame of mind but after a few nights sleep i was feeling better

I found it really helpfull to keep myself occupied by going to the gym having a drink with my mates that kinda thing bad thing is though is that i went thru it all felt soo much more like myself (after about 2 months) and was feeling soo much more confident but then after a few more mounths i thought to myself right im sorted now soo i tryed smoking it again and guess what its happend again the ecact same thing has happend but at least now i know that im gunna come thru it again eventually

u should also try to do physicall exersize as in rugby that helped me alot cause ure beeing pushed and pushed and by the time you get home ure soo nackerd that u just carnt be asked to worry XD and also if u also find it difficult sleeping best to go straight to bed when you get home and ure nackerd hope this helps would say a bit more but im only 15 ive been smoking for 6 years now soo i kinda knwo what im talking about cheers :-)

this bulliten helps more people than u know
im fifteen and i was smoking marijuana for awhile but i realized that me foing it so much and makng it a habit has only brought me more problems with parents , friends ect.
bu tnow that i stopped i cant eat and i get really irraatible

Luke,
Please tell me more about the time you had anxiety after smoking and how you were able to overcome it. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nate