i have been weed free for 3 weeks... and i feel horrible! i am nauseated most of the morning.. i couldnt sleep for my life!! the insomnia is making me so stressed out,, and when i do fall asleep early i wake up in a couple of hours when its still super dark out.. i have nightmares and im really depressed all of a sudden about nothing at all.. i find myself furious with my boyfriend who smokes every night as if he is contributing to my problem.. poor guy.. .. im trying really hard to do this.. ever since i started to notice my memory dwindling i decided no more! and im just curious,.. does this happen to a lot of other people??

Ive just tried stopping since the other night and im really starting feel bad, withdrawal is a bit harsh, i cant sleep, im irritable, cant eat much and taking it all out on my girlfriend.... so i would say so! My reason for trying to quit is ive noticed that it is starting to control me... i dont like the fact im not in control of it so im getting rid!

man i have had the same thing, i have only been off for like 4 days b ut i cant sleep either. i get really pissed about minor things.

i have smoked 3.5 g weed (now much stronger) for 28 years. i have two children aged 3 and 4 years. i have tried to give up over and over because it is now clear to me that if i do not i will not see their 10th birthday but the lack of sleep, inability to function, depression, irritability and violent outbursts it brings means that i cannot get past the withdrawal stage and still look after my children. i have been off for 5 days this time but have had no sleep, am very angry and sit looking around my house which has turne into a mess. i just bought a £50 draw and am smoking as i write this. once it kicks in i will clean the house, sort everything out and sleep well tonight...still i know i won't be here to see my kids grow up. weed is sh*t.

i have posted a few topics in the withdrawal things if ya wanna read them! this is hard and i feel like im going crazy! ive smoked about two grams a day now for about seven years! i have two kids and without the weed eveything has gone to c**p! i can sleep thanks to my xanex for the major anxiety attacks ive been having! went to the hosptial thought i was really dieing! lol!! now i just want this to be over. i tried to smoke a bowl last weekend and got more paranoid and had an anxiety attack! i hadent smoked in two days due to running out and being in another state! so as soon as i got it smoked a huge bowl of some great cush and went int anxiety overload! when the heck are these symptoms gonna go away! i want to smoke i feel it makes me who i am. but now im scared to even start back up cause i dont wanna go through this again! and spending four to five hundred dollars a month on it is not too good! please help

day one of withdrawal. i'll probably blow my brains out before the week is over.

day one is hard but wait till day two and day three. it will get better promise! it takes time im still going through it! scuicide was an option the first two days. i had a breakdown, crying hystericaly , throwing sh*t. my husband took off work, cause i really couldnt take care of the kids at the point i was at. just listen to ppls advice on here it really does work. get a hobby! right now my only real problem is the anxiety and the urge to smoke so that will go the hell away!! keep us updated and if you truely want to quit then stay away from it!!

i've been an on and off smoker since i was 10 years old. i'm almost 22 now and i've quit multiple times. i know what to expect each time i quit and i know what to expect each time i get back on it. i've been clean for 3 weeks now. my girlfriend is my motivation to quit as i brought her into my world and dragged her down with me and i feel guilty for it. i've thrown out every single utensil i accumulated over the years, bongs, chop bowls with ganja leaf patterns in them, coffee grinders for easy chopping etc. every time i get a sniff of the stuff i instantly get hooked. it does ruin your life and it does destroy your personality. over the past 3 weeks i have verbaly gone off at my girlfriend over the most pointless things and i feel like a complete fool for it. i'm thankful i knew what to expect though as things could have been worse and i could have even lost her. i just wish i had never started in the first place. IT IS A DRUG. if you're reading this and you're a new smoker. please stop now. it will destroy you. if you think it's cool, it's not, you look like a fool when you're stoned. if your friends keep getting you on it, ditch them. they're not your friends. i've had to leave nearly every single one of my friends to get away from it and it hurts just as much as the insomnia. WEED IS BAD and the world needs to know

drink for a week this helps in many ways it will replace your addiction and if your drunk usually you can't smoke without getting sick (vomiting) this will motivate you not to do it. The alcohol will also dissolve a lot of the THC in your system causing it to leave the system faster and shorting the withdraw period. If you are someone that is highly addicted to alcohol or it causes problems when you use it don't do this but for some this method is effective especially if you are not prone to alcohol addiction. It will take about 7-10 days to get out of your system if you are at a normal body weight. mostly though it is just a mind game you have to realize you are stronger than the addiction and keep your mind in check it will start telling you things that are not true but your mind just wants to get high you will be fine you don't die from it. if you are getting depressed chances are you were depressed when you were using it to it was only masking the problems not fixing them. Work on changing your situation tell yourself the truth don't let your mind assume that it knows what it is talking about because we are all (BAD WORD STU PID FOUND) in one way or another especially when it comes to mind altering substances. Used for a long time quit more times than i can remember. After the withdraw period you still want it but you don't feel like you absolutely need it so just tough it through those days. I personally also use video games as an escape we used to call them crack because they are very addictive in themselves but it will keep you mind occupied during the withdraw period if that doesn't work for you there are many other ways to distract yourself but just keep yourself as distracted and busy as possible during the withdraw period. hope it helps someone and God bless you all

yes its not fun,33