My daughter is 16 years old and she just started training volleyball. She is tall and strong so we thought that she could handle her training without any problems. But we were wrong. She is constantly tired, almost exhausted. She sleeps all the time and still her muscles are not relaxed but hard as a rock, especially in the back and neck area. I suggested her that she starts going to massage sessions, but she says that she cannot afford the time. She will afford the time and I will afford the money, I just need to know something more on massage benefits, so that I could convince her more easily.

Massage is all about soft tissue, how to relax it and normalize it. Its basic goal is to heal the body and relax the muscles and we both know that's what your daughter needs. Her muscles are probably filled with lactic acid thanks to over training, and massage can be very effective in solving this problem. Main thing that massage does is increasing the blood flow throughout the entire body, thus providing fresh amounts of oxygen which destroys waste products of our body, including lactic acid.