I’m a bit clumsy and I regularly get injuries while training. I haven’t avoided various sprains, muscle injuries and bruises. I’ve heard that it’s good to use ice and massage after the training. Can you tell me something more about it and what it is good for? I don’t have the habit of treating my muscles after the training. Maybe that’s where I go wrong.

As you know, before you start exercising, your muscles need to be warmed up. That’s why we do various warm up exercises in order to prepare muscles for training. Otherwise, they would be very susceptible to injuries and sprains. The same goes for post-training period. Muscles must relax and become less stiff and that’s why massage is very useful. Ice is used for cooling down. If you want to practice everything properly massage and ice massage are substantial parts of your training. Of course, if you’re not a pro runner or cyclist, you don’t have to practice massage every day. Two or three times a week is enough. As for the ice, just get on of those ice bags and apply it to the muscles that are painful and stiff.