What are the health benefits of massage and do you think that massage could make me feel more relaxed or it is just the waste of time? I have also heard of my colleague that it hurts and she even got some bruises so I don't see any health benefits of massage-or she was just not being lucky enough to find a good massage expert.

It is more likely that she hasn't found the massage expert for the massage shouldn't cause any pain and not to speak about bruises-where in the heck she was going? My advice is that you find another massage therapist and you could enjoy all the health benefits of massage and they are in lot. I first started with massage therapies just to get relaxed and it turned out not just that I got relaxed and have reduced stress significantly but my headaches symptoms got also reduced so it is not like there are only mental health benefits of massage but also those physical you could count on too.