Stretching helps make your legs stronger by increasing your muscle’s range of motion, making joint movement more efficient, which translates into more power.
You could broaden your exercise horizon with at least 15 minutes of pilates or yoga twice a week.
Stretching should be done in the forms of both a “warm up” and a “cool down.”
Stretching as a warm up:
* Helps to raise body temperature
* Increases blood flow
* Promotes oxygen supply to the muscles
* Helps prepare the mind, muscles and joints for the physical exercise to come
As a cool down:
* Prevents blood from pooling in your limbs
* Helps prevent waste products, such as lactic acid, from building up in your muscles
* Helps your muscles and tendons relax and loosen, stopping them from becoming stiff and tight.
I didn't know that O.o I thought it was only to prevent muscle from tearing
It really helps!
Importance of Stretching -Potential to decrease injury by preparing muscles for work before activityIncreases blood and nutrient supply to muscles, thereby possibly reducing muscle soreness
nice post about stretching
i didn't heard for that!