Stretching your legs improves muscle performance.

Stretching helps make your legs stronger by increasing your muscle’s range of motion, making joint movement more efficient, which translates into more power.

You could broaden your exercise horizon with at least 15 minutes of pilates or yoga twice a week.

Stretching should be done in the forms of both a “warm up” and a “cool down.”

Stretching as a warm up:

* Helps to raise body temperature
* Increases blood flow
* Promotes oxygen supply to the muscles
* Helps prepare the mind, muscles and joints for the physical exercise to come

As a cool down:

* Prevents blood from pooling in your limbs
* Helps prevent waste products, such as lactic acid, from building up in your muscles
* Helps your muscles and tendons relax and loosen, stopping them from becoming stiff and tight.

Wha?

Really?

I didn't know that O.o I thought it was only to prevent muscle from tearing

iLikeHealth wrote:

Wha?

Really?

Actually, the part about lactic acid is not accurate, but everything else is. It also helps your muscles grow in an aesthetically pleasing way as well!

Stretch not only yours legs, but the back, hips, neck and so on.

It really helps!

Be Healthy,
Renee'

I've been working out for two years now already, and I agree on the importance of stretching. Also, it improves one's flexibility. A good stretch after hours of working out is very relaxing both for the mind and body.

Importance of Stretching -Potential to decrease injury by preparing muscles for work before activityIncreases blood and nutrient supply to muscles, thereby possibly reducing muscle soreness

nice post about stretching

really?

i didn't heard for that!